Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

Old 03-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Sexist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by treekiller
hot enough, although I beleive a driver should be judged on their performance not their genitals. she gets a lot of unearned attention. at least this sport is grown up enough to allow everyone to compete on an even field.

Don't get me started on how sexist and awful I think it is to have a "ladies" class in national level autocross. there are a few sports where body type does not effect performance, racing being one of them, I know a lot of gals that will spank me. ... on course...
Well, sort of even. Weighing the car with the driver would be more even.

As for mens and womens divisions, I don't see a problem with them being separated any more than with age groups. It's timed anyway so if some bull wants to be all dykish about beating a man she can still pull out the times and brag until her pussy gets wet. So what.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:29 AM

I'm pretty liberal, but this has clearly turned into a pointless personal bashing session. Take that crap somewhere else. Let's stay on topic here.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Comprehensive

Originally Posted by The Twanksta
student of what? I want to go to that race. same weekend as st pete grand prix? can you give me a link?
World Challenge at Sebring - March 14-17

Honda Grand Prix - March 30 - April 1
Old 03-02-2007, 10:05 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

I can't find the student deal on their site. My friend has a room at the hotel and a bunch of people going, so I'll talk to him to see where he got the info on that to confirm it.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:57 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

He said it wasn't advertised on their site, and that you'd either have to go to ticketmaster for the tickets at that price, or at the gate. I think he said the ticket office on USF campus will do it. I'll have to go check into this and report back if I get the discounted price.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:54 AM

As far as sebring goes, I think the student deal is actually $45 (can't remember). I hear you can get it at the ticketmaster @ USF's marshall center, but I'm not sure. For the past 3 years, I have bought my ticket at the gate and showed them my student ID. Hope that helps
Old 03-04-2007, 07:37 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

You need to have your student ID at the "will call" section at the gate. Or you can get it at the marshall center like he said.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:54 AM
I Heart 2nd Gear Racing

The race is this weekend. The ALMS race is on Saturday and the IRL race is on Sunday. I'm a bit more excited about the ALMS race, but really put off by the lack of World Challenge presence. <sigh> No photo op with Randy Pobst again.

Is anyone going to go?

I'll be there both days and skipping the Gainesville autocross.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Comprehensive

I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I've been twice before, and sorely miss the touring cars as well, but for some reason I am pretty excited to go this year. Just having a positive week I guess -- Sunny Florida and racing.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:34 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

My dad has seats in a box apparently. I just found this out today. He was going to take me on Sat and my brother on Sun but I've been signed up for the TRack day for a month. I'm trying to get him to switch it, if so, I'm going to go see some open-wheel racing for the first time since I was 4.