Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Corbeau seat owners please chime in...

Old 08-03-2006, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbeau seat owners please chime in...

Question for you guys. I have a 03 MINI Cooper S and looking to get a set of Corbeau FX1 seats. The problem Im running into is that I cant find a dealer anywhere around here that has them on display so I can sit in them. The FX1 has the 24" shoulder wings and is made for a person up to a 38" waist. The FX1-Pro has a 22.5" shoulder wing and will fit a person up to a 36" waist. I would like to get the FX1, but heard that the shoulder wings may hit the door, while the FX1-Pro will fit the MINI, I dont know if I will fit in the seat since I have a 36" waist, I may be cutting it a little tooooo close. As I get older I dont tend to lose weight, but gain it... Do any of you Auto-x guys have this seat? Do you think I'll have problems if I get the FX1 that will fit a person up to 36"?
Thanks guys......
Old 08-03-2006, 07:44 AM
OUCH!!!

Go to the cobreau site. Fill out the locate a dealer form. Start calling their dealers until you find one with the seat you want. I did the same when I was looking for a seat for the FFR (a mission that hasn't been accomplished yet -- big driver + tiny car = hard to find seat)

There's a shop in orlando that has most of Corbeau's race seats on their showroom floor. I don't remember the name anymore though. Real nice guy though.. even let me take the seat out to the parking lot to trial fit is.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the reply. I checked the dealer in Orlando and they did not have the seat available for me to come check out. The only other dealers are 3+ hours away... This seat shopping is a pain...
Old 08-03-2006, 07:51 AM
who stole my intercooler?

i knew a guy who had a Corbeau drivers seat. he got in a wreck, the Corbeau mounting hardware crumbled & he received back injuries. since then i am not a fan of Corbeau seats unless it is using the OEM mounting hardware! not sure if that helps you or not just thought i'd share
Old 08-03-2006, 11:17 AM
OUCH!!!

Originally Posted by USCordia
Thanks for the reply. I checked the dealer in Orlando and they did not have the seat available for me to come check out. The only other dealers are 3+ hours away... This seat shopping is a pain...
Yep. Every time i travel for work now, I check out what seat dealers are in whatever city I'm going to and see what they have on display. Someday I'll find the right seat.