Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

07.16.06 Sunday Brooksville Autox ~ Thanks!

Old 07-17-2006, 05:07 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07.16.06 Sunday Brooksville Autox ~ Thanks!

I just wanted to say thanks to Brian, I believe, for designing yesterdays course.

Say what you will about it but I think we pretty much agreed it was nice to be doing something different. Once the kinks were worked out the course ran really well.

I really enjoyed being out there.

Keith you are a great instructor, thanks for helping me drive the way I know I can! Next weekend is RWD, i'll be taking any and all pointers

And I know I already apologized for doing 2 wrong things when I stopped for a down kone yesterday but since I overhead a remark from a female I thought it best to apologize again for my mistake and that I will do better next time to remember the right thing to do. Wow, I'm not perfect but dayum I try.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 07-17-2006, 05:16 AM
Blasian Sensation

It was a very fun day! Once I ran the course once, it was on from there. I definitely learned more about my car. (Chi town brat) thanks for your help along with Keith and some others. I look forward to more events in the future (Aug.5 and 6) to be exact
Old 07-17-2006, 05:42 AM
oh WTF

u both covered it all... thanks
Orderd Sept. 29th, Built Nov. 8th, Delivered Nov 18th!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Now with less suck

Thanks for the comments on the weekend. I felt like Sunday morning was pretty rough from the organization side of things. When new things are tried there are always kinks to work out. I agree that the afternoon went much more smoothly. We learned that when running the course one way like that, the grid worker is pivotal to making it work. He needs to be able to inform timing and the finish grid worker when each "group" has completed. It's also very important to keep all cars in a group together and when reruns are due, only return the cars that need to be rerun. It seems like there would be time saved by sending the whole pack, but it makes keeping the groups organized very difficult. These realizations were the key to the afternoon running more smoothly.

There are other areas for improvement as well. Much of this can be significantly helped by getting our more regular attendees to take on some key jobs. If you find that you're showing up to the majority of our events and would like to get more in depth with some of the work that is done to run the event, speak up, we'll be glad to put you to work.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:14 PM
OUCH!!!

The video I saw looked like a blast. How did you guys end up working out the long distance timing issue?
Old 07-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Now with less suck

2,000' of Cat6 cable.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by nunyo
2,000' of Cat6 cable.

Sweet
Old 07-17-2006, 06:18 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

There are other areas for improvement as well. Much of this can be significantly helped by getting our more regular attendees to take on some key jobs. If you find that you're showing up to the majority of our events and would like to get more in depth with some of the work that is done to run the event, speak up, we'll be glad to put you to work.
and with that being said you have a reply to your PM

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 07-17-2006, 06:51 PM

2,000' of Cat6 cable.
That's it? No boosting the signal anywhere? I'm amazed that you got that long of a run!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:35 AM
oh WTF

being my first autox... sat course was ok but sun was a blast... i learned alot more then i prob should have
Orderd Sept. 29th, Built Nov. 8th, Delivered Nov 18th!!!