Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

07.16.06 Sunday Brooksville Autox ~ Thanks!

Old 07-18-2006, 04:47 AM
Blasian Sensation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it was definitely an experience. I'm learning the limits of my car.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:50 AM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Originally Posted by Loren
That's it? No boosting the signal anywhere? I'm amazed that you got that long of a run!
Yep. We had a nice super-bright beam, just like from the short cables. It wasn't perfect, though. I don't know if it was the wind, or the length of the run, but in the morning session we were getting false finish trips all over the place! It was better in the afternoon, but there were still 4 or 5 false trips during the session. I'm wondering if the wind was pushing on the spool the cables ran through or something, because we weren't getting false start trips. Maybe next time we'll tie the interconnects into knots... take some stress off the joints.

Also a BIG THANK YOU to the guys that rolled up all that cable! Albert, Chuck Ray, and a couple other guys rolled it all back up for us before we knew what happened. A job that I was NOT looking forward to, haha. You guys rock.

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!

Last edited by jaball77; 07-18-2006 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:15 AM

I heard people complaining about the Sunday course, but I really enjoyed it.
Much more interesting than Saturday's course.

I know the SCCA rules would not allow it,
but with a one way course we missed out on some excellent drag racing opportunities bringing back the cars.
What a unique event that would be ..... Autocross out, Drag Race back.

Congrats to Rosco on pulling off that 5/100 of a second win.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by jaball77
It was better in the afternoon, but there were still 4 or 5 false trips during the session
haha. http://www.cfrsolo2.com/2006/2006-07...sville_pax.htm

Jeremy

Old 07-18-2006, 06:09 AM
who stole my intercooler?

what do you mean bitch? you don't think i was 2.4secs faster than elliot or fast enough to take the pax title???

i would like to thank the timing system for the HUGE error in my favor although i reported it to tony yesterday & hopefully the results get fixed, don't wanna beat elliot by cheating or all you whiny bitches who care about pax...
Old 07-18-2006, 07:31 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by Spin Out
I know the SCCA rules would not allow it,
but with a one way course we missed out on some excellent drag racing opportunities bringing back the cars.
What a unique event that would be ..... Autocross out, Drag Race back.
i'm for it my car did pull a 14.9 in the 1/4 mile

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 07-18-2006, 08:20 AM
I Heart 2nd Gear Racing

Thanks for the quick post on the results. Now we can come to some conclusion about street tire ranking. I don't know if anyone faster had street tires. It looked like everyone and their mom mounted race rubber.

1. Elliot 56.539
2. Jeremy 56.650
3. Tony 56.661

Talk about a close margin - .122 second. No surprise where Elliot finished, but Jeremy besting Tony? Will that trend continue, or was Tony just rusty after no autocrossing for a while?

Originally Posted by Spin Out
Congrats to Rosco on pulling off that 5/100 of a second win.
I'll have you know it was closer to 6/100 of a second! Thanks. However, it was very little consolation after a disappointing day. On the bright side, at least we both made some clean runs!

I give the course and the new finish location the thumbs up. It will only get smoother and easier. I still wouldn't mind seeing the old style course every other time, though.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Originally Posted by Rosko
I give the course and the new finish location the thumbs up. It will only get smoother and easier. I still wouldn't mind seeing the old style course every other time, though.
The only thing that annoyed me (aside from the false finish trips) was the lack of times at the end of the run. I think it was too much to ask one person to wrangle the finishing cars AND write down and give times to the drivers. Maybe we could do a finish-line sticky-note thing like they do at Nationals... but that would bring us to THREE extra workers needed for the whole setup...

Anyway. Something to think about.

How did you guys roll up that cable? Two holding the spool, and one turning it?

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:15 AM
OUCH!!!

you guys need one of these:
Old 07-18-2006, 10:33 AM
I Heart 2nd Gear Racing

Originally Posted by jaball77
Also a BIG THANK YOU to the guys that rolled up all that cable!

How did you guys roll up that cable? Two holding the spool, and one turning it?
Sorry. I forgot to respond to you about that, Jason. No problem. I had no idea what an undertaking it would be when I decided to tackle that little cable.

The first cable I mostly did holding the spool in my hand, then winding. My arms got really tired. I then laid the spool on the ground and pushed it with my foot and directed the cable with my hands.

When I was almost done with the first cable, the two Ogren guys, Albert and Tony made the whole thing much easier. Tony found some kind of a bar, which he stuck through the spool. Two of us held the bar and spun the spool, while one directed the cable, and one pulled the cable into a pile nearby. This way we all stood perfectly still while winding it up. I highly recommend four people for the procedure the next time it needs to be done.