Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Auto-X/Road Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/auto-x-road-racing/)
-   -   Any Racing Fans Here? (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/auto-x-road-racing/321585-any-racing-fans-here.html)

Rosko 07-11-2006 06:48 AM

Any Racing Fans Here?

I was surprised by the lack of response to my thread on JPM. It made me think there are few here who regularly watch pro racing. I don't know how you can be passionate about driving, and not be a fan of racing. :dunno:

Respond to this thread if you like any pro racing, which series, which drivers, etc.

RX007CYM 07-11-2006 07:20 AM

I watch F1 and Le Mans. I didnt respond to your thread about JPM and Nascar because I dont pay any attention to that series and I am not a fan of it. I go to Sebring every year for the 12hrs race. As for specific drivers, the last driver that I paid any attention to was Mika Hakkenin (spelling) who raced for Mclaren a few years back in F1. He was quite the racer, but all of a sudden he lost his edge and retired. I dont know if there was something personal going on in his life or if he simply didnt care anymore but it was strange how he went from being the championship driver to disappearing off the face of the earth.

D-Roll 07-11-2006 07:26 AM

LeMans, F1, street touring, drag, drifting...don't have a favorite driver besides myself :lol: Being that I cancelled my cable recently, I only watch the races at my gf's house. Has anyone ever seen autoX events on tv? :dunno:

w0rd 07-11-2006 08:30 AM

F1- Kimi, Schumi, JPM
WC TC - Kleinubing, Pobst
WC GT - Pilgrim
WRC - Hirvonen, Grönholm
IRL - Danica :yumyum: Just kidding, I don't watch that crap.
Tour De France - Hincapie
MotoGP - Hayden, Stoner

Scott90 07-11-2006 08:56 AM

^ speaking of Danica, good chance shell be in NASCAR next year.

DD. 07-11-2006 09:23 AM

Drifting...TARZANs my favorite drifter

Graves 07-11-2006 09:27 AM

If it involves cars in anyway shape or form I'm watching it. Hell I spent a weekend watching the Barret Jackson Auction lol.

w0rd 07-11-2006 09:29 AM

Drifting isn't racing.

mofugga 07-11-2006 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by w0rd
F1- Kimi, Schumi, JPM
WC TC - Kleinubing, Pobst
WC GT - Pilgrim
WRC - Hirvonen, Grönholm
IRL - Danica :yumyum: Just kidding, I don't watch that crap.
Tour De France - Hincapie
MotoGP - Hayden, Stoner

redbull is now my favorite f1 team: french gp press release kimi & reubens, jpm is no longer an f1 driver, mclaren told him to leave & filled his spot with de la rosa for the remainder of the season;)
wc tc- kleinubing, cunningham, flynn till he quit :mad:
wc gt- sheehan, anyone who's not driving a viper
wrc- too much work to watch these days:evil:

& i believe a former cfr autoxer was on tv, showing actually autox footage, it was nunyo's old car's previous owner's girlfriend. did i get that right????? :lol:

Muddy 07-11-2006 12:02 PM

I don't watch much racing anymore. I catch an occasional road race on Speed, but I am not picky about the series. I am still a MS fan, so I do keep up on F1 a little, but not like I used to.

I saw the same post about JPM dozen times on other boards, but don't care enough about JPM to post anything about it.