Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Attn: All Road Racers!!!!

Old 07-05-2006, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gold ef will be there and it will be basiclly complete but then again you can always do something better!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:31 AM
hoollaa

chris the only ass your kickin is ur own.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:06 AM
rocktastic

This looks like a lot of fun. I'm pretty sure you have to be a NASA member to run the HPDE. Membership is $40, but I don't know if you'll be able to join @ the event.

HPDE details

Any idea where the details will be posted on the 19th?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:00 AM

If you're planning to run HPDE events, a $40 annual membership is the least of your financial concerns. Entry fees are generally in the vicinity of $300. Then there's gas to get there (not to mention the two tanks or more that you'll burn on the track), tires, brakepads, groceries... it all adds up. I figure my last day at Sebring cost me about $500. It was worth every penny... but just wanted to be sure everyone realizes that it's NOT a cheap way to spend a day.

And it's not like an autocross. You don't just show up and expect to run. Go through their pre-registration process, read everything on the website, follow all of the instructions. Nothing difficult about it... but it's a MUCH more serious game than autocross.

(sorry, I'm a NASA member, but I've never done a NASA track event... my car doesn't meet their safety requirements... insufficient rollbar and harness, so I can't answer a lot of NASA specific questions)