Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Brooksville Results

Old 05-23-2005, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great event!
Thanks to everyone for all the hard work.
A challenging course that gave no mercy. If you were perfect like Dave said -you were fast -if not like me - coned or dnf.
Hats off to Dave for being so fast in a big car.
I needed two more runs in someones Miata.

Jesse - you need to learn to play nice with other people's cars. I thought I taught you better than that!
Don't ever beat the owner when you are driving their car.
Now you will never drive any of my cars again.

Fantastic Event!!
Keith
JFF Racing
Old 05-23-2005, 11:19 AM
I Heart 2nd Gear Racing

That box was my main concern on that course. I'm not sure if it's designed as such, but it may not have been perfectly symmetrical. The guy in the orange Z walked it to see if their was a wider half. He told me the left side was wider by one "shoe length". Regardless, I think everyone would agree the right side was faster. However, I never found the bravery mentioned above to go through it flat out... as reflected in my times.

What's a Key West box?
On the novice walk through, Danny said that it's also known by names that might be offensive. What names?
Old 05-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Sub-$1000 STX

yup, that course needed absolute precision driving or you'd hit cones with the rear end. i could get my front end through the course on teh correct line but the rear end with it's A.D.D. wouldn't comply at times. also that very first right hand turn on sunday sucked ass for me. if it wasn't for that i would've been able to get a clean run in.

but had tons of fun. great event. and going full throttle through the 'Key West' box was fun.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:52 PM
cone junkie

Originally Posted by Rosko
That box was my main concern on that course. I'm not sure if it's designed as such, but it may not have been perfectly symmetrical. The guy in the orange Z walked it to see if their was a wider half. He told me the left side was wider by one "shoe length". Regardless, I think everyone would agree the right side was faster. However, I never found the bravery mentioned above to go through it flat out... as reflected in my times.

On the novice walk through, Danny said that it's also known by names that might be offensive. What names?
If you lined up for the key west box correctly, even a WIDE car could go through without steering. Jamal's flared fenders and 285s on all 4 corners went through it without an issue IF you lined it up correctly. Jamal may have video of that run, my fastest, the 29.1.

Keith! Jamal beat me raw. I was just clean.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 05-23-2005, 05:27 PM

Sounds like Cones were the name of the game on Sunday like they were on Saturday. Took till my 9th run to finally get it clean in peters car on Saturday. It was just soooo brutal to drive. It wasn't a matter of slowing down to get though it was more like, Getting lucky and not hitting something one lap.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:27 PM
who stole my intercooler?

who closed the gate early?
Old 05-23-2005, 05:37 PM
Now with less suck

Originally Posted by mofugga
who closed the gate early?
??

Gate was open till at least 9:00 AM each day.

Who was late?

Just for future reference, I'm cracking down on the time table for all the morning crap. The sooner that stuff is done the sooner events can start. I'm shooting for first car off by 10:00. Saturday we started at 10:06 and Sunday at 10:10. Not bad for the first weekend of really focusing on it.

Cute tag line, I'm loving the irony.

Last edited by nunyo; 05-23-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Sub-$1000 STX

hahaha, dem fightin' words.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:31 PM
who stole my intercooler?

tony,

i was "late" & for future reference if you are going to close the gate at 9am the event info over at myautoevents should be updated accordingly.here's a link to the sign up

"Past 9:30am , do not expect to gain entrance to the site as someone will need to tend the gate to let groups in."

this is my point & according to this i was not "late" as i arrived around 9:15am, granted it's later than i'd planned to arrive but...

i updated my description just for you

Last edited by mofugga; 05-23-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:12 PM

Great event! Jesse did a great job in my car! I couldn't get my $hit together! I even took out 6 cones in one run, a record for me! I'll see if I can post a video or two soon.

Jamal