Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

11/07/04 PCA.org AutoCross @ Zephyrhills Airport

Old 11-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Science McGee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11/07/04 PCA.org AutoCross @ Zephyrhills Airport

Hey,

I was basically wondering if anyone else on here was there that day.

I guess I should have posted this earlier; I apologize in advance!

As the subject states, there was an auto-x at the Zephyrhills airport last sunday. It was actually open to those of the Porsche Club of America and I think the local BMW club also. I was surprised they let other cars run also for the same price as the members.

Anywhoo, it was a fun event and only $20 for 3 runs. I took my suby out there and didn't do too badly [I expected to do better] but also didn't get any outstanding times.

-Al-

P.S. I was the schmuck in the Blue 2002 WRX who went o/c [off course] 2/3 times

Just an easy rider on 4 and by 2...

Last edited by Alberto411; 11-11-2004 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:10 AM
The Fat Cobra

I was there in the blue miata. I do enjoy going out there and beating the old men and their Porsches and BMWs.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:23 AM

I didn't know this event was happening. Had to work that day, anyway. I need to get out to another PCA event. As Muddy said, it is entertaining to beat up on a bunch of German cars with a "lesser" vehicle.

Surprised to hear they lowered the entry fee to $20. Last I heard they were doing something ridiculous like $30-35 for non clubmembers... and, of course, you can't be a member if you don't own the appropriate car.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:36 AM
OUCH!!!

I've said it many times and I'll say it again.

Porsche Club autocrosses are an excuse for porsche owners to give eachother a bunch of trophies. They divide every different kind and model year of porsche into it's own class and give out trophies in each one. They lump everything else into it's own class and give out one set of trophies for all of non-porschedom. I REFUSE to go because I will not subsidize their trophy fund by running in the catchall class.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:20 AM
The Fat Cobra

You take it waaaayyy too seriously, Leonard. Anyway, it was convenient for me, I got to do two of my favorite passtimes on Sunday. I raced, then I went to a friend's house to watch the Saints game.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:37 AM
who stole my intercooler?

i was there in the blue 2.5rs. if you paid enough to own a porsche you should be able to win a trophy at each pca autox you go to as far as i'm concerned. eventho the surface is quite crappy it's nice of them to let the feeble nonporsche's run with 'em.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:17 AM

I do enjoy going out there and beating the old men and their Porsches and BMWs.
Last time I checked a certain Porsche driver (not that old) was still beating everybody!

And watch out for some of those BMW drivers too, they're usually faster than the Porshes, including a certain Boxter driver!

And yes Leonard, you do take it too seriously! After all, it is their club, we don't pay PCA membership fees. I don't go there for trophies, but to hang out with friends and have fun! Now that you got the right car you should do the same!

I actually give the Porsche guys credit for taking their expensive cars out to an autox instead of just parking it in their garage, specially at a place like Zephyrhills! Oh, and they're still hosting an autox event, unlike the BMW club!

I missed that event cuz I decided to drive 2 hrs (instead of 30 min to the PCA event) down to Ft. Myers and have fun with GCAC!

Jamal
Old 11-12-2004, 10:49 AM
OUCH!!!

You guys take me way too seriously.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:20 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

You guys are funny - and typically, especially with the newer cars - you have more money in yours than I do mine.

Mine is in immaculate shape - but I drive it hard too.

That being said - they are not that easy to drive fast in an autocross environment. The 944's and boxsters - yes easier with the shorter track and 50/50 weight distribution.

Now, if you want to compare laps at Sebring, different story... Anybody else doing the DE this weekend?
Old 11-12-2004, 11:47 AM

Stop being so serious Leonard!

No DE this weekend, can't miss the State Championship! My fastest at Sebring is 2:39 IIRC, with old Victoracers. Looking forward to going back there, with fresh tires this time!

Jamal