Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Florida State Autocross Championship 11-14, Brooksville Airport -- 20 slots added

Old 11-15-2004, 06:43 AM
cone junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he's the opposite of fast.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 11-15-2004, 07:32 AM
who stole my intercooler?

Originally posted by PseudoRealityX
he's the opposite of fast.
& you're the opposite of nice
Old 11-15-2004, 01:00 PM
bucket

I pretty much agree with Sebastian on that one (yeah, that is who you yelled at)..."waiting for a dry run" shouldn't even enter into it, everybody else would've been just as free to do so. Furthermore, if somebody wants to scream about not getting dry runs or that people earlier in the grid got dry runs, then they need to yell at the clouds...courseworkers don't control the weather y'know.

Granted, I was getting a bit frustrated as I sat in grid and the rain started coming down harder with hoosiers on the car...same exact thing happened to me last time I drove at Brooksville, except that time the course didn't dry out...I realized there was nothing anybody could do about it so I shared my disdain about the situation with my co-driver, prepared to drive on water skis, and left it at that
Old 11-15-2004, 01:32 PM
aka Sideburns

not true- everyone is not free to put off thier runs for 10-15 miniutes. if that were so, the courseworkers would get really tired out there, no cars running and all.

and the guy that complained about my gridwork acutally contested csp's first run, it was disalowed, and they got a 4th run to make up for it.

i was just trying to follow the rules. i do own a rulebook and its falling apart because i read it too much. not to say that accusing him was the right thing to do, but it was not out of line. i just want him to know it wasnt personal, and if i see him again i wouldnt hesitate to shoot the shit with him.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:37 PM
aka Sideburns

from my previous post 'mysteriously deleted':

by the start of 4th run group's 2nd run, it stopped raining, and his car was last in grid (where he had been). i didnt know at the time, but he went for a ride-along with someone else, and when i reached his car, there was noone to be found. i looked for about 5 miniutes, (before reaching his car in grid), for him so i could get him ready, get his car in line etc, but- where is he?...

so since grid is my responsibility, and a csp driver already had given me a thourough tounge lashing because i let one someone in his class run before it had rained without all of the other csp drivers in class, i simply thought that he was waiting out the rain and wanted to do his last 2 out of the 3 runs in the dry. but when i mentioned that to him, he looked at me like i was personally insulting him and took the defensive. it was all good at the end of the day (from what i understand) so if you talk to him, tell him that im sorry but i thought the matter had to be adressed. i definitely didnt cuss or raise my voice, so i dont know why he would have been upset...

does anyone think i was out of line? i may have started out by accusing him instead of just asking where he was, but in general i thought i was just trying to make everything run smooth from a grid-standpoint. he went on about how this is 'amatuer racing' and that nobody should throw a fit over a $3 trophy... but to me its alot more than trophies, its about competing with your friends and others and seeing how your times stack up- but if someone had an advantage, like more dry runs, it wouldnt be fair(and this was the champs, not just another points event). i take working grid pretty serious, and i like to work it, so any suggestions as to how to adress this or similar situations arising in the future would be appreciated.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:50 PM
cone junkie

Originally posted by neurovish
I pretty much agree with Sebastian on that one (yeah, that is who you yelled at)..."waiting for a dry run" shouldn't even enter into it, everybody else would've been just as free to do so. Furthermore, if somebody wants to scream about not getting dry runs or that people earlier in the grid got dry runs, then they need to yell at the clouds...courseworkers don't control the weather y'know.

Granted, I was getting a bit frustrated as I sat in grid and the rain started coming down harder with hoosiers on the car...same exact thing happened to me last time I drove at Brooksville, except that time the course didn't dry out...I realized there was nothing anybody could do about it so I shared my disdain about the situation with my co-driver, prepared to drive on water skis, and left it at that
you have the right attitude, in that you can't help the weather. However, you cannot sit and wait it out and try to get a dryer run. that's against the rules and could easily be protested. (and actually was at Nationals this year in GS)

as for Sebastian doing it... i don't think that was his intent. he has been a problem child for CFR SCCA for ~2 years now. he still cannot follow simple directions, like "don't use your cell phone while working course." and "pay attention to the cars on course"

we've had issues with him about the same things over and over again....he's quite an annoyance.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 11-17-2004, 10:01 AM

Originally posted by platinum703
not true- everyone is not free to put off thier runs for 10-15 miniutes. if that were so, the courseworkers would get really tired out there, no cars running and all.

Tell that to Scotty B and Carter at Nationals. Both drivers pulled Mechincals claiming they heard funny noises (well carters was to change tires) in order to wait and see if it would dry out a little more for their last runs (WHICH IT DID). I ran my run in the downpoor nearly 30mins before they ran. Lots of things change in 30mins. Thankfully Their times DIDN'T!
Old 11-17-2004, 11:44 AM

Originally posted by platinum703
from my previous post 'mysteriously deleted':
Eh? Are you sure you clicked "Submit"? I didn't delete anything, and I'm pretty sure no one else did.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:00 PM
cone junkie

Originally posted by MrSideways
Tell that to Scotty B and Carter at Nationals. Both drivers pulled Mechincals claiming they heard funny noises (well carters was to change tires) in order to wait and see if it would dry out a little more for their last runs (WHICH IT DID). I ran my run in the downpoor nearly 30mins before they ran. Lots of things change in 30mins. Thankfully Their times DIDN'T!
You could have protested it...

Brian Garfield protested Mark Allen and Alan McCrispin in GS and both had their final runs thrown out.

Not that it would have mattered, Carpenter layed down the smacketh, and Ian (Brian's codriver) took 2nd.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 11-17-2004, 02:26 PM
bucket

Originally posted by MrSideways
...which would be a much better and less obvious way of "waiting for a dry run" than leaving your car in grid and disappearing. I didn't realize there was already a rule against that and it was a protestable offense though.