Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Primus

Old 11-09-2004, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Primus

Is there any more news on using this track? A buddy of mine is getting into racing the pocket bikes and says that they have races there. If this is true, why are we not able to have our events?
Old 11-09-2004, 05:29 PM

I haven't heard anything new.

Are they currently racing pocket bikes there? They used to. And they used to run kart races there, and we used to have sports car lapping sessions there, and the drift guys used to drift there...

If you know for sure that anything official has happened there since about July, let me know.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:03 PM

I will see what I can find out.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:55 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

please let us know.. I'd like to get into this.. it seems like it'd be fun..
'91 GMC Syclone #2173 '92 GMC Typhoon #1191
'04 GMC Sierra 2500SLE CC/SB Quadrasteer
'75 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds
'84 Hurst/Olds '86 Pontiac 2+2
'53 Buick Super
'95 Seadoo XP '97 Seadoo SPX
http://www.syty.net
http://www.riverviewforums.com
Old 11-10-2004, 07:23 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Hey Loren - I was down there on business and it looks like they are building a paddock along the infield. I can't imagine they would do this (or even allow a permit) if there isn't some sort of movement with the county...
Old 11-10-2004, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by g-50Cab
Hey Loren - I was down there on business and it looks like they are building a paddock along the infield. I can't imagine they would do this (or even allow a permit) if there isn't some sort of movement with the county...
The plan was for there to be garages along pit row. If that's what you're talking about, it's nothing new, just part of the original plan.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:50 PM

http://www.speedcreep.com/2004_schedule.html

here you can see they had a race there in march,may, and have one coming up in december. I can't imagine there being a problem with us having an autox there if these guys can get a national event.

Last edited by obrien2; 11-10-2004 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:25 PM

If I hadn't updated the SunRiders schedule, it would still say that we had an event scheduled there in December (in addition to the one in June and the other one in September) a date on an event calendar doesn't really prove anything. I seriously doubt that this event is going to take place... at least, not without someone getting fined for it.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:31 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally posted by Loren
The plan was for there to be garages along pit row. If that's what you're talking about, it's nothing new, just part of the original plan.
Maybe that's why he's having trouble with the CO - once you pull a permit - you have to have a CO before you can open for business. Maybe that's the problem. And yes, it was a series of garages - that look 1/2 way finished.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:44 AM

Originally posted by g-50Cab
Maybe that's why he's having trouble with the CO - once you pull a permit - you have to have a CO before you can open for business. Maybe that's the problem. And yes, it was a series of garages - that look 1/2 way finished.
That is one of the problems. As I recall, our first (only) event there was almost held up for that. The big problem is simply that Primus was permitted as a manufacturing facility and the test track was allowed as just that... a test track for the cars they were building. Because one or two neighbors are complaining about noise, the county is saying that races and club events can't be held there.