Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

SunRiders Autocross - 10/24/2004

Old 10-19-2004, 03:39 PM
OUCH!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll find the autox crowd far more accepting than the drag racing crowd. (Assuming you don't show up and act like an ass)
Old 10-19-2004, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by nipper's_civic
so if i come... and my crappy 92 4 dr auto thinks it can race should i expect laughs ?... or support?...
Honestly, you're likely to get both. Leonard nailed it. We all just like to have fun. Razzin' you about your car might be part of the fun, but it sounds like you'll help us do that, so it's all good.

We try to take good care of the novices at our events, so you'll get as much support as you need.

Fast is relative. If you're out there trying to drive your car as fast as it is capable of going and on the ragged edge of control, you'll be having a good time and that's what it's about. The fact that your car might not be as fast as some of the others out there isn't going to lessen the fun that you'll experience while you're driving.

Come on out, you'll have fun.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:33 PM

alright... i'm there... what do i need? i've read through the basic rules and i need money and a valid license?... do you actually check the validity of the license or just look at it?... there's the possiblity mine is not quite valid... also no loose stuff so i should clean my car out... and anything else that i should def bring?

(what if i can't help being an ass? )
Old 10-19-2004, 06:47 PM

alright... i'm there... what do i need? i've read through the basic rules and i need money and a valid license?... do you actually check the validity of the license or just look at it?... there's the possiblity mine is not quite valid... also no loose stuff so i should clean my car out... and anything else that i should def bring?

(what if i can't help being an ass? )
We don't run a DMV check on your license. As long as the picture is you and it's not expired, you're good.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:00 PM

good to know... any pre-pre-game pointers? should i go get a roll cage or anything? lol... just did a tune up so it should run smooth... cept it's an auto.. mad lag... anybody else run auto got tips other than pull it all the time?... and then go get a 5spd... about how many people usually show?

Last edited by nipper's_civic; 10-19-2004 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by Loren
I can't remember the last time I heard anyone say that the course was too tight.
Your corkscrew course was too tight. I only made it over 40 mph for 1-2 secs at one spot on the course. I had fun though.

Jeremy

Old 10-20-2004, 02:08 AM
OUCH!!!

good to know... any pre-pre-game pointers? should i go get a roll cage or anything? lol... just did a tune up so it should run smooth... cept it's an auto.. mad lag... anybody else run auto got tips other than pull it all the time?... and then go get a 5spd... about how many people usually show?
Settle down.. this is autox, not club racing.

Take all the shit out of your trunk/back seat, put as much air in your tires as the sidewall says they'll hold and clean your windshield.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:22 AM

Originally posted by w0rd
Your corkscrew course was too tight. I only made it over 40 mph for 1-2 secs at one spot on the course. I had fun though.
Had to search through old course maps to see which one you were talking about. I think it was January. Yeah, that one was a little tight. I think Don Reese originally designed it, and you should have seen how tight it was initially! I tried to widen it out as much as I could, but it was definitely not a fast course. Glad it was still fun, though. I thought the corkscrew was particularly insteresting because it was a sort of decreasing radius and also wasn't quite round. Couldn't be driven by looking at the cones or the chalk line, you had to mentally pick a nice arc around it.

Since Paul is dragging his feet, I'll attach the last draft I saw of his course. He may have made some subtle changes to it, but this should be very close to what we're running this Sunday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
paulscourse3_small.jpg (65.3 KB, 144 views)
Old 10-20-2004, 04:38 AM
The Fat Cobra

Originally posted by Mars_302
Gville is a little under 2 hours for me, but seems like a better course for my car. I heard you the sunrider courses are very tight
I'll be at the sunriders event. I don't think Gainesville is worth the drive for a 1 day event.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:54 AM
OUCH!!!

I'm debating the same thing. The thing is... there's an event at Whitehouse in Jax, at Gville and at Sunriders. Should be LOTS of runs at Gainesville (if enough people show up for setup)