Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

october 11-12 roll call

Old 10-13-2003, 03:07 PM
plain old member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry,
I was one of the 5 people who didn't go look in hopes that we'd get started again soon
www.C21Beggins.com - Buy, Sell, Invest!
Old 10-13-2003, 06:38 PM

I could have put my own car in the Drink had my driver not cancelled on Thursday. I wanted to run the rental car because I really wanted to compare it's really incredible road manners with it's autox manners. I also wanted to run the S (however I was unaware of the points thing) So the arrangement was for me to drive the protege down and for a friend up here to Drive my S2000 dowe for me (the damage to the car is just wheels and tires, and I believe it to be just tires as the vibration goes away at any kinda speed and after a few min of driving). Well he decided that he wanted to get some things done around the house so I built a rack for the S2000 to carry the last tire that won't fit inside. On a last min decision Jim offered his race tires for the Protege so I decided to bring that. Jim backed out at the last min saying he didn't want to run a "slush box" . So I ended up With no S2000 and a Protege with some sappy A032R's for the front. Cords were showing the center of one of the fronts at the end of Saturday's practice so I tried to borrow a car. Anyway thats the reason for no S.

Anyway The way Jim and I figure it. This putting cars in the Drink thing goes by Age. Brian Did it first (at the oldest) followed by Jason (2nd oldest) now Me (3rd oldest). Jesse is about a month younger then me sooo, HE'S NEXT!!!!

Ian

Last edited by MrSideways; 10-13-2003 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:18 PM
F K D

the damage to the car is just wheels and tires, and I believe it to be just tires as the vibration goes away at any kinda speed and after a few min of driving
That sucks about the car. At least with the 17's you don't have to get gouged on S0-2's.

I hear rumor of you running something different next season. I'd kill for an '04 S, but am stuck with the current one for quite some time. If your's gets sold to a regular Joe and not an autocrosser, let me make some bids on the Koni's, a set of wheels, and the Gendron bar. BTW, how'd you get 3 wheels inside? 2 in the passenger seat? I have no room for a trailer at home and am gonna have to come up with something for next season. I was thinking about one of those platforms for the senior citizen scooters (lark, rascal, you know the things), but don't know if that'll be compatible with the small 1.25 in. receiver hitches available for the S2K. If your homegrown rack works I'd like to see the design and copy it.

T.Morrow
Old 10-14-2003, 12:24 PM

I'm sorry todd, the Koni's are spoken for. but I'll let ya know about one of the sets of wheels. Fact is I can't afford the car for another season unless I managed to win a whole bunch.

I get 2 wheels in the passanger seat, and one in the trunk, and then My home made shelf for the trunk I get one on top.

Ian