Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Audio HQ (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/audio-hq/)
-   -   sound system not working right. (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/audio-hq/316540-sound-system-not-working-right.html)

JayLude 06-18-2006 11:24 AM

sound system not working right.

I have a 96 cobra,the person who originally had the car pulled out the mach 460 sound system,put in a diff system and when they sold to the to the previous owner they pulled their system out leaving front speakers,tweaters,and the 6x9's in the back,I have satellite radio on my new head unit which is a sony,well all I get with the cd player on is highs on all my speakers,with fm radio all i get is sound from the rear speakers,and with satellite all i get is sound coming from the tweaters and when you adjust the volume it either goes to its max which is like 10,and when you turn it down it just turns down the volume completely...anyway to fix this? and like i said,in the trunk all the stock amps are removed.

Notladstyle 06-18-2006 12:00 PM

get someone willing to rewire everything and fix whatever the last owners mistakes were... like me 60 bucks all new wires ran

JayLude 06-18-2006 12:03 PM

pm'd

TBSpyder 06-18-2006 12:46 PM

Well, more than likely it sounds like a bad deck...get a new cd player. But if the person who removed the mach system did something wacky in the rewiring process it could be that...but I'd personally put my money on a bad deck.

Notladstyle 06-18-2006 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by TBSpyder
Well, more than likely it sounds like a bad deck...get a new cd player. But if the person who removed the mach system did something wacky in the rewiring process it could be that...but I'd personally put my money on a bad deck.

yeah, could be the deck wires were grounded and damaged the internal amp or it could be there are some speaker or RCA leads somewhere shorted out... nothing an ohms meter and some time cant fix.

JayLude 06-18-2006 06:15 PM

the deck is like 2 days old out of the box.

TIM TIM TIM 06-18-2006 06:21 PM

rewire it.

the727kid 06-18-2006 06:35 PM

Sounds like a bad deck. I wouldn't doubt with a Sony deck, even if it is 2 days old, it can still be bad. Could just be a wiring problem to, but doesn't really sound like it.

TIM TIM TIM 06-18-2006 06:53 PM

the mach system needs to be rewired if anything is changed. odds are high somthing is bad there.

the727kid 06-18-2006 06:54 PM

Is that Mach system as bad as the Bose systems??

Notladstyle 06-18-2006 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by the727kid
Is that Mach system as bad as the Bose systems??

worse - more speakers that make even LESS bass than the bose system does.

Miles 06-18-2006 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by NoTLaDStyle
worse - more speakers that make even LESS bass than the bose system does.

:bsflag:

nothing could be worse than the bose system.

Notladstyle 06-18-2006 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Miles
:bsflag:

nothing could be worse than the bose system.

are you SURE?

http://images.jupiterimages.com/comm...5/23167517.jpg

the727kid 06-19-2006 04:19 AM

Whoa, are we talking sound quality I meant bad as in messing with it becuase Bose is a bitch. Sound wise Bose is the best stock system hands down. And Bose isn't built for bass, it's built for a smooth clean sound specifically for the car its in.

TJElite 06-19-2006 07:45 AM

Whoa, are we talking sound quality I meant bad as in messing with it becuase Bose is a bitch. Sound wise Bose is the best stock system hands down. And Bose isn't built for bass, it's built for a smooth clean sound specifically for the car its in.

I have to disagree here. Having owned about a dozen Bose equipped Corvettes, and two Bose equiped Escalades, I have to agree with the phrase 'no highs, no lows, must be bose'.

Sure, they do some amazing things with amps, speakers and eq's. Yeah, they are designed for the car and position they are in, and considering the crappy drivers and placements they use, they sound much better than they should, but they still suck.

Best factory system? I'll take the Mark Levinson in some of the new Lexus's, the new Ford 'shaker' system, the old Mach 460, or probably even the SRT-4 kicker option as being better than the Bose.

Other than maybe the Levinson, these all suck compared to even a modest, well executed, custom setup.

And messing with Bose stuff, like adding aftermarket amps, etc., is no worse than any other factory system, and lots easier than say, BMW or Benz.

Toby

93ex 06-19-2006 09:20 AM

Yeah, great reproduction of the midrange sounds and elimiates most everything else..

My parents JBL stock in the avalon is Ok.

the727kid 06-19-2006 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by TJElite
I have to disagree here. Having owned about a dozen Bose equipped Corvettes, and two Bose equiped Escalades, I have to agree with the phrase 'no highs, no lows, must be bose'.

Sure, they do some amazing things with amps, speakers and eq's. Yeah, they are designed for the car and position they are in, and considering the crappy drivers and placements they use, they sound much better than they should, but they still suck.

Best factory system? I'll take the Mark Levinson in some of the new Lexus's, the new Ford 'shaker' system, the old Mach 460, or probably even the SRT-4 kicker option as being better than the Bose.

Other than maybe the Levinson, these all suck compared to even a modest, well executed, custom setup.

And messing with Bose stuff, like adding aftermarket amps, etc., is no worse than any other factory system, and lots easier than say, BMW or Benz.

Toby

Whats good folk.....I guess each has their own opinion on speakers, personally I have only heard Bose in a few cars. In a Deville and Seville (the 4.0 system) they sound unlike non other for stock. The Kicker systems in Dodges don't do much for me (it's Kicker, come on now lol), nor does their Infinity. I have heard in a 04 Z06...not that great and its trash in a 350z. But the Caddys I have heard sounds amazing, and the old Bose in my car was pretty decent for 4 speakers.

But not to thread jack....my boy mentioned your shop a few times, I need a quote. I need headrest screens cut into my headrests, and they are a tight fit, how much that going to run? Audio Source got me for $100 but I don't really want to go back there, wasn't impressed. And also my Pioneer AVH5700 keeps resetting its self, what could be the problem there? Like everytime I reset the car it goes back to basic settings and the screen folds all the way back and time resets.

TBSpyder 06-19-2006 05:30 PM

Best factory system I've heard is in the newer Volvo SUV's. Crisp highs and tight bass. I believe Volvo makes it themselves too.

93ex 06-20-2006 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by TBSpyder
Best factory system I've heard is in the newer Volvo SUV's. Crisp highs and tight bass. I believe Volvo makes it themselves too.

I thought volvo used dynaudio? or at least they did.

TBSpyder 06-20-2006 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by 93ex
I thought volvo used dynaudio? or at least they did.

I'm not sure, the only specs I could find on it said it was Volvo's own equipment. This was I believe an '03 or '04.

mbanks21 06-20-2006 11:43 AM

But not to thread jack....my boy mentioned your shop a few times, I need a quote. I need headrest screens cut into my headrests, and they are a tight fit, how much that going to run? Audio Source got me for $100 but I don't really want to go back there, wasn't impressed. And also my Pioneer AVH5700 keeps resetting its self, what could be the problem there? Like everytime I reset the car it goes back to basic settings and the screen folds all the way back and time resets.[/QUOTE]

They charged you $100 to cut 2 headrests, install 2 monitors, and run all the wiring?

Notladstyle 06-20-2006 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by mbanks21

But not to thread jack....my boy mentioned your shop a few times, I need a quote. I need headrest screens cut into my headrests, and they are a tight fit, how much that going to run? Audio Source got me for $100 but I don't really want to go back there, wasn't impressed. And also my Pioneer AVH5700 keeps resetting its self, what could be the problem there? Like everytime I reset the car it goes back to basic settings and the screen folds all the way back and time resets.
They charged you $100 to cut 2 headrests, install 2 monitors, and run all the wiring?

Looks like I got competition

the727kid 06-20-2006 12:51 PM

I didn't have them do it yet. And the price didn't include the monitors lol. Anybody else here own a shop in the Tampa/St.Pete area got a close price and pictures of their work?? The shop told me the headrests would barley fit and I didn't want them cutting my headrests, didn't trust them.

TJElite 06-20-2006 12:55 PM

I didn't have them do it yet. And the price didn't include the monitors lol. Anybody else here own a shop in the Tampa/St.Pete area got a close price and pictures of their work?? The shop told me the headrests would barley fit and I didn't want them cutting my headrests, didn't trust them.

Come by the shop...we'll take a look at them, and then I can give you a price.

Toby

the727kid 06-20-2006 01:05 PM

How exactly I get to your shop?, Oldsmar is not the closest place to me and I don't know that area at all. I will be coming from north St. Pete probally Thursday or Friday (tommorow my birthday lol).

TJElite 06-20-2006 02:00 PM

You might want to mapquest it, but basically you want to come North on 19 to Tampa road, turn right (east). About 3-4 miles down tampa road, you'll see a Walmart on your left. The first traffic light after walmart is Pine ave. There is a steak and shake on the corner. Turn right on pine (south) I'm the 3rd building in on the left...there is a sign out front.

Toby

the727kid 06-20-2006 02:06 PM

Alright cool, do you guys do suede headliners too?

mobeycat 07-11-2006 05:46 PM

well i hate to tell you this but the mane reason could be the fact that your using a Sony head unit...Great for sound Quality but they "X-Plode" real easy. Sorry.