Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Audio HQ (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/audio-hq/)
-   -   Anyone interested in opening up an audio shop? (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/audio-hq/118348-anyone-interested-opening-up-audio-shop.html)

TBSpyder 11-13-2003 08:46 PM

Anyone interested in opening up an audio shop?

Basically I'm sick of the ever-so-common jobs and working for other people...figured I should take some chances and actually make something of my life. Latley, I've been seriously thinking about opening up my own business, a car audio shop to be exact. I've been playing around with car audio for about 3 years now as a "hobby"...done complete custom installs for quite a few people...even a little fiberglassing. Anyone else share this same interest and would seriously be interested in making something of it? Let me hear your input....

93ex 11-13-2003 09:27 PM

I Would but honestly my confidence level with th working fo rmoney is very low

TBSpyder 11-14-2003 04:14 PM

What do you mean? You're afraid it wouldn't pull in enough income?

fcamaroracer 11-14-2003 07:41 PM

hell I would soo be be your wiring guy!!!

I might be a wreckless driver but I'm a wiring guru!!!

Bumpin Expo 11-14-2003 07:41 PM

i was talkin wit a few peeps the other day and we were thinkin of openin like a car audio/strip kinda place. Like hot ass grls walkin around as the models with cars everywhere sellin turbos car audio. More directed toward the teenage crowd. Have shows on weekend nites, like a place for us to hang out at besides checkers and shit. Maybe a thought, wish somethin like that would open up around here

rangcrx 11-14-2003 07:45 PM

im opening a underground caraudio place this weekend its kindda like ZmR in storage units just bigger and of course with me going to be audio/swap/repair/sex

Miles 11-14-2003 11:03 PM

i'll know in a couple weeks... but i may be down (not that i'm anything special, but i can do a basic circuit city-type install and there's always sales)

93ex 11-15-2003 01:11 AM

Originally posted by TBSpyder
What do you mean? You're afraid it wouldn't pull in enough income?
No i just find it hard to charge peopel what they shoudl be charged, assuming I went along for fabrication/glass

Kirk 11-15-2003 04:38 AM

I'd be down but this would require alot of money to start. and then the chance of it being sucessful

I was working at a shop, basically running it and it didn't last too long because of the location and because of the word not spreading around... it was quite an experience but I was glad it was not my money invested in the business. Most of you mighthave heard of it... Auto Mania on mapledale next to Gaither

TBSpyder 11-15-2003 06:51 AM

Originally posted by SupraKid
I'd be down but this would require alot of money to start. and then the chance of it being sucessful

Yeah...money is really the only thing holding me back right now. Which is why I would need a partner or two to go into this, we would have to take out a business loan and what not.

As far as being sucessful, I'm pretty confident. I would have no problem with charging rock bottom prices being I'm working for peanuts as it is now. I think customers would flock to a place that is affordable AND sells actual quality products. And as far as publicity,we could put together a demo car or two and plug the shop at all the local shows. Another idea would be to have a weekly or monthly show/meet at the actual shop...I'm sure all kinds of people would be down.

Well, if anyone is serisouly interested...let's get together and talk about it. I have alot of ideas and all...but I know I could never put this whole thing together all by myself.