Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

start up problem

Old 02-03-2005, 08:46 PM
It's a wooden pickle.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default start up problem

well 3 days after getting this car, it decides to start acting up on me...

whenever i go to start the car, after it cranks over i have to keep the key in the "start" position for like 5 seconds otherwise the engine just dies. it cranks over immediately after i turn the key, but if i don't hold it there for a hot second, it dies. i'm baffled as to what could be causing this...

oh and there's this weird whirring noise from 2000-2800 rpm coming from the engine bay, never heard anything quite like it, if there's anyone in orlando who wants to come by and help me diagnose this shit, i'll buy lunch... and beer if it gets fixed

EDIT: it's a b18b block, b16 head, and other goodies with about 6000 miles since the build up
Old 02-04-2005, 05:10 AM
Chuck aka Woody

prob the electrical portion of the ign. switch. it's a comon prob. in honda's. it makes you have to hold the key almost to start pos. to keep it running, and will die when you let off of the key.
it's pretty easy to replace. take the top and bottom steering colum covers off, and then you'll see the 2 screws on the back of the switch, and the harnes just plugs in.

NO EXCUSES for my lil FWD! Cmon RWD's n AWD's, lets DIG!

STEISS RACING all the way
HONDA ENGINES from oem to EXTREEM

www.myspace.com/streetracin_cwby

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1433200141
Old 02-06-2005, 10:59 AM
It's a wooden pickle.

so what part should i be asking for?

somehow i don't think the people at autozone are going to know what "that little plug in the steering column" is