American Iron Tech A haven for those who love classic American muscle cars

need opinions

Old 06-07-2005, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need opinions

hey im thinking...im not real sure yet..but i might sell my torino and get a "real" muscle car like a camaro or something lighter than my torino.....its just too heavy
Old 06-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Grandpa

I love Camaro's, but they are everywhere. I don't like Fords , but always loved the early Torino's.I don't see anything really wrong with the Torino, I know it doesnt have that appeal a Camaro has but it has potential to be a stout runner and its not like everything else on the road. I decided the next muscle car I get out of the Mopar relm would be a 69 AMX
Old 06-08-2005, 04:59 AM
The Happy Mrs.

Is that the only reason you want to sell it? My Chevelle is heavy but it all depends on what you plan to do w/ it. I can deal w/ it being heavy, I just know if I really want to go fast it will just cost a little more . And Dano is right, you don't see many Torinos around, are you just ready for a new project?
Old 06-08-2005, 05:13 AM
Banned

Everybody really does have a Camaro. I've thought about selling mine a few times to get something a little less belly button, but then I remember I love the god damn thing.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:52 AM

My 442 is heavy as hell, do I want to get rid of it? NO!

Just put a big ass motor, some foose wheels and make it a cruiser. Big cars can be fun too. Camaros are nice, but the prices are ballyhooed because everyone wants one. Mustangs are dime a dozen in terms of classic cars too.

Put a 428 cobra jet and call it a day.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:06 AM
The Happy Mrs.

I had mine in the auto trader about 6 yrs ago. I was talked into thinking I wanted something new and was tired of not having working a/c. Other than dating someone who hated the car, I don't know what I was thinking. I am soooo glad no one bought it! Make sure you're ready to part w/ it before you do. I agree that it could be a fun cruiser.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:42 AM

i dont really wanna get rid of it i mean i like it alot.....its just that i just got a new paint job like 6 months ago and i know it was a cheap paint job but everytime i wash it i find something else wrong with the paint.....and really a 302 isnt a big enough engine for this boat. another thing is that this is a gran torino ( not a real muscle car) its supposed to be a touring car.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:45 AM

another thing is that my dad has a 65 mustang that has got about $10,000 in it and the paint is starting to get some rust and we were just thinking of selling both the mustang and the torino and buying a really nice car.....not necessarily a camaro. but something that has a nice size motor for the size it is. a camaro was the first thing besides a mustang and a charger i thought of..lol
Old 06-08-2005, 03:38 PM

well im a mopar man so i would suggest a charger for runnin ass a cuda or a good look but not the camoros they are every where get somthing thata will make them look but none the less the 69 camaro is a good looking car ----just betweeen us if you do sell the torino how much? thats a good lookin car my friend !!! reply---------------plymouthpower----GRAB LIFE BY THE HORNS---
Old 06-08-2005, 04:16 PM
The Happy Mrs.

Originally Posted by plymouthpower
well im a mopar man so i would suggest a charger for runnin ass a cuda or a good look but not the camoros they are every where get somthing thata will make them look but none the less the 69 camaro is a good looking car ----just betweeen us if you do sell the torino how much? thats a good lookin car my friend !!! reply---------------plymouthpower----GRAB LIFE BY THE HORNS---
There is a button called "Preview Post", use it! Please. I already told you I don't have time to babysit you.