American Iron Tech A haven for those who love classic American muscle cars

Anybody else in the "in progress" stage

Old 04-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Come get Some

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HerHotRod
I hated when mine was down for almost 6 months just because of starter. I just remember how awesome it felt to jump in and finally hear it run again . I'm never happy w/ mine either though. There is always something I want to do. Getting the interior redone, paint/bodywork, and a new motor are somwhere in the future....motor will probably be first.

Frank have you had you column apart before? I picked up a original "Shop Manual" for my car from Original Parts Group and it has anything you need to know, it' great. My dad and I had my column apart a few months ago and it would not have gone back together w/ out it . We had it apart down to the column shifter. They also have Factory Assembly manuals, Fisher Body Manuals .....
Hey, I got a motor for ya
I have a solid roller 489 short block/long block/complete depending.. Scat 4340 H beam rods and crank, WELL balanced... SRP 10.25:1 pistons.... Lunati Solid Roller (260/268@.050, .685/.685 lift) #990 315cc rectangle ports w/2.19/1.88 valves, vic jr intake w/950 holley HP carb, harland sharp rockers w/stud girdle, etc. etc. etc.
You should get it

Originally Posted by BigBadBuick
Raise your kids not to be unruly punk ass fucktards and you won't ever have that problem I didn't see him attack any other kids on the bus.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Daddy-O

Originally Posted by number_2
yeah, strokd, you're about to start in on a sixty-something fastback, aren't you?

1970 Fastback, just having some trouble getting it on a transporter right now.. guy who I bought it from is being a pain in the ass with scheduling.. figures since he's got the coin, he's dragging his feet.

Once on it's way, it'll be here in about a week and a half..
Old 04-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Daddy-O

Found out that the car is getting loaded up tomorrow, will be here about a week afterwards.. Man am I looking forward to it!
Old 04-29-2005, 06:25 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I can't wait to drive my Stang. It was my first car and has been in the family for almost 20 years. I havent driven it in almost 3 years (and that was in and out of my parents garage to help them move some things around. I haven't driven it otherwise in almost 6 years, and by then my parents had let her go mechanically. When I got it back a year ago the front 12" of the passenger side frame and the strut rod brace had seperated from the rest of the car due to my parents letting the battery acid leak for years. There were also quarter sized holes in the driver side floorboard from a leaky window gasket. This also doesnt count the fact that the stock springs were toast all the way around, the manual drum brakes required you to pray before applying them, and there was enough play in the steering to rock the wheel about 1/2 turn in either direction without moving the tires.

When I drove the car in high school it had an anemic 289, in which I could only afford to put an Edelbrock Performer 289 and a performer carb on. Had the c-4 overhauled and a shift kit added, which made a hella difference, but the 2.79 rear gears always kept the car in non performance mode.

Needless to say I am a little anxious. I have a leak I need to take care of on the AOD, I need to get an exhaust put on and the front end aligned. If the AOD was holding fluid better than a cheese grater I would have already been to the muffler shop...
Old 04-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Jonathon

in progress, was finished then my dad had a tangle with another car(stupid drum breaks) it been in progress ever since
Old 04-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Daddy-O

Originally Posted by HerHotRod
< looking forward to seeing it
Was going to try and catch up and say hey tonight at the event, maybe next time around...
Old 05-01-2005, 07:55 AM

my cars need so much work. there still on the road for now. motor took 16 months, god what a nightmare that motor has that has turned out to be. one car need all new ball joints, 4 speed shifter rebuilt and new linkage. the other need new crossmember and front springs, all new front bushings. i'm getting a little rust by the rear corner of the back window on one car and the other car drip rails wasn't sealed right when it was painted and they leak water onto the floorboards and now after it leaking for 6 years there's rust on the front floorboards. it also needs new headers because i can't get the left side to seal. so it sounds like i have a rod knock. i picked up another 401 for the other car. i'm going to try to build that one myself.

it will never end.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:56 AM
The Happy Mrs.

^ Is that the same motor you were saying had a lot higher compression than you were expecting? I could see why you would want to do the next one yourself.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:44 PM

my motor is on the "in progress" stage i just put the intake on today.....im waiting for the carb...and want the motor to have more mods

Quick Reply: Anybody else in the "in progress" stage