Z-Fever is looking for another technician,

Old 03-07-2012, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z-Fever is looking for another technician,

Z-Fever has been in business now for 23 years. We are very busy and we seem to be getting busier. We are considering adding another technician to our team. We are not looking for just a guy that thinks working on cars is cool. We are NOT looking for someone that "did a swap once in my front yard with my friends". We are looking for that right person that is a seasoned technician. We are looking for some one that is serious about what he does, buys a lot of tools, wants to provide for himself and his family, wants to be stable and work somewhere for a long time.
We have a fun and friendly work environment and try to keep it that way. Therefor we are not looking for anyone with a bad attitude. If you do not get along well with others, you are not for us. But if you look forward to working with guys that care about the product they put out. If you are quality minded and professional. If you get to work on time every day (most of the time) and are driven to be the best technician you can. Then you might just be our next employee.
We do not require a tech school degree, means nothing to me! Seriously. We have had plenty of people come here with degrees form ITT or UTI... These guys rarely last a month.
I also don't put much weight into ASE certificates. Just means you can pass a test, doesn't mean you can apply it to the real world. The things we care about are different....
The list of qualifications are:

-Honest and hard working
-professional and career minded
-fabrication abilities a serious +
-Nissan and Infiniti experience wanted (but not necessary)
-someone with a desire for a stable position
-A technical thinker, some one that can diagnose properly and quickly
-The ability to do heavy engine repair/replacements effortlessly
-The ability to do electrical, read diagrams, diagnose, and re-wire
-The ability to understand boosted applications
-Did I mention fabrication??? If you are a good welder and fabricator that is helpful

Basically we are wanting someone that can do it all. We are not willing to hire just someone because we are busy and need to get the work out, we are more looking for that stud that can do anything but is not happy in his current situation and wants to look forward to coming to work rather than clock in everyday because he needs to make money but hates his situation.
We are like a family here, we see each other for 8-10 hours a day and we need to enjoy what we do. It is hard work but that is our profession.
If you love cars, love to work on cars. Love to make cars fast and fun. If you love racing. If you are team minded, hard working, and can produce high quality work. If you have a LOT of pride in the work you put out and your abilities then you might be the guy we are looking for.

Before you call me please take a moment and re-read my post. Make sure this sounds like you and be honest with yourself before you waste our time. If what I described here does not sound like you then you need to stay working where you are. We will know very quickly if you are a seasoned technician with ability in the first week (or day even). There is no room here for rookies, unfortunately. We work on high end performance cars and can't afford to have people "learn" on them and possibly make mistakes that cost us financially or perceptually. Our reputation is vitally important to our success and our employees are directly responsible for our reputation.

If you are who we are looking for, PLEASE contact me on my cell phone 813-294-9227. I am the owner of Z-Fever, Doug Mitchell and I look forward to meeting you and having you as part of our team.
813-877-7600

Doug Mitchell, Owner
Email: doug@zfever.com
www.zfever.com
www.VQ35swap.com

Old 05-21-2012, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever fill the position in question?

the cause of all that is evil