WTB / For Sale Other Makes & Models Strictly Other Makes related for sale/WTB

1990 Jaguar XJS. Bright Red, V12 Convertible, Low Mileage & Stunning!

Old 08-08-2009, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Jaguar XJS. Bright Red, V12 Convertible, Low Mileage & Stunning!

Would you like to own a V12 Jaguar that offers luxury and performance without spending $50K+? Here is your chance! This bright red convertible Jaguar attracts attention everywhere it goes. Even when I drove to the park to take these pictures, I was flagged down by a gentleman who complemented its beauty and elegant style. I mentioned that the car was for sale and to which he responded that it was way out of his league. When he heard the price he couldn’t believe he could get his hands on a classy V12 convertible for such an inexpensive price! Original retail price was over $55k! Get this one for a fraction of that! Getting its looks from its predecessor, the E-Type, gets stares, compliments and nods of appreciation from everyone!

It is a 1990 Jaguar XJS convertible. Glossy red paint with very little imperfections and bright shiny chrome bumpers, mirrors and trim. All the chrome is in flawless condition except for minor peeling on the headlight trim. The convertible top was replaced with one from a newer Jaguar and looks great. It was equipped with real Hella 550 fog lights in mint condition. On the outside I would rate it a 10/10.

The engine is a 5.3 V12 with 24 valves which starts right up and runs great with good oil pressure. A lot of these classic Jaguars have cooling issues so I have always been careful checking fluids etc. This car has never been overheated on my watch. It only has 84k miles on the odometer and drives extremely smooth for its age. Engine and drive train I would rate an 8.5/10 just because of its age. Feel free to come by and do a leakdown test or compression test.

Tan leather interior with wood grain and more polished chrome. I am not sure if the seats equipped in this car are factory options or an aftermarket upgrade. They are extremely comfortable leather with a crimson accent to match the exterior. No cracks in the leather however some of the piping on one seat is showing wear. It also is equipped with a Nardi Torino steering wheel which is a very high quality wood grain steering wheel often found in Porsches or other high end luxury cars. The wood grain on the dash looks great. Also, the carpet has just been replaced with brand new carpet throughout. Power windows, mirrors, Sony CD player, heated seats are just some of the options found in this car. However, the interior is showing signs of age. For this reason I would rate the interior a 7.5/10.

It does have its quirks, and could use some attention to get it back into mint shape. Then again, it wouldn’t be a Jaguar if it didn’t! After some attention this car could easily be worth a sold $8-9k, if not more. I am a motivated seller because I will be moving soon and will not be able to take advantage of such a beautiful car. The car was only driven on special occasions and stored under a cover in a garage on a trickle charger. KBB suggests a selling price of around $5400. MSN says around $6-7000. In order to get it sold before I move I would like to sell it for $4500 OBO! Please note the OBO because I really do need to sell it. I’ve been watching similar cars on eBay sell for $5500 and up. When I have a week left before I leave I will be putting the car on eBay so here is your chance to get it before it sells for more! The following pictures really do not give the paint justice. Even though it was very overcast today, the paint is still brilliant. HOWEVER, if you see this car on a sunny day I GUARANTEE your jaw will drop and you may start to drool!

Cliff Notes:
1990 Jaguar XJS equipped with a V12 (12 cylinders!!! Ferrari/Lamborghini/Mercedes territory here!!)
84000 miles
Convertible and Automatic.
$4500 Obo
EDIT SOLD 4300

KBB Link: http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?WebCategoryId=40&YearId=1990&Mi leage=83000&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=23 &ModelId=515&PriceType=Private+Party&VehicleId=125 65&SelectionHistory=12565|31182|33647|0|0|434372|f alse|434392|true|434403|true&Condition=Good&QuizCo nditions=
MSN Link:
1990 Jaguar XJS Detailed Pricing and Specifications - MSN Autos

Last edited by on_ice; 05-26-2016 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Function is my form.

the car is located in palm beach?

Old 08-09-2009, 03:17 PM
santa fe pimp

Thats a very stunning car but just not for me.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:08 PM

Located in Jupiter/Palm Beach County
Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 PM

240...is that mud on your car?