War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

LT1 vs Celebrity

Old 07-10-2012, 05:25 AM
El Tee Juan x2.... IDIOT!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 vs Celebrity

Exiting U.S.19 on my way home from work I pull up to the left turn signal to Sunset Pt. As fate would have it, I line up with doo-doo brown Chevy Celebrity sporting a tired out Iron Duke on the inside lane. With a quick, unsuspecting glance to my left I begin to size up my competition: An androgynous driver sporting a mullet perm and aviator glasses anxiously reving the steering wheel at ten and two. Not sure what is older, the haircut or the car. Left arrow goes green and man-she trees me with a vengeance. It was on NFSU style. The cries for mercy could be heard from the CV joints in the form of an aluminum can crunching noises enriched the symphony of rusted exhaust pipes and one tire barely scubbing the asphalt. It was not the 2.5 I expected nor even the 2.8... that sandbagger was packing the legendary 3.1! "It is of no consequence", I thought, "everybody knows power doesn't mean squat if you can't control it in the corners". This all comes down to a driver's race, just me and he-bitch (whom I will from here on refer to as "Pat"). Twenty feet into the intersection and only 5k RPM before my power shift to 2nd, a CR-V barrels through the red light like it was his job and puts it up on 2 wheels through the immediate 90 degree right turn putting a damper on my duel with "Pat". "His Garmin must be incapable of announcing directions in a timely manner too", I thought as I gently ease off the throttle and apply mild brake pressure to avoid a mildly frustrating fender bender. "Pat" siezes this opportunity and cuts it loose WOT, the transmission straining to stay in gear throughout the remainder of the turn, and edges me out for a rather hollow win. Meanwhile douchebag in his preggo v-tec rollerskate proceeds to brake-check me as if my right of way was a deliberate threat to his livelihood.

Last edited by SilverSleeper; 07-10-2012 at 05:29 AM.