TRShop Reviews Reviews of service provided (good or bad) by local shops. Keep it factual and honest people, no flaming, no posting personal details and keep it ontopic.

Do Not Take Your Car To S&R Performance!!!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:34 AM
私は昼食のためのあなたのお母さんを持っ ていた

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do Not Take Your Car To S&R Performance!!!

This is just some of the problems I have had, there are more, I just wanted to get this out there. I have also spoken to several others who have had a lot of issues with this shop!

I just wanted to let everyone know to avoid S&R Performance at all costs. I have had nothing but problems with that shop and the owner. The most recent was, I bought a 20g turbo from them, they have not had a tuner there but they informed me that I had to have it installed with them due to the turbo being a prototype and the lower price, as a stipulation. I never agreed to this but due to work and school, my time is real slim and they have randomly had a guy coming from out of town to tune the cars but it was always during a time that I could not get there so the turbo, that was paid for, sat there from May.

Well, I spoke to Synergy about the situation and was informed that I could go and pick up the turbo, since I paid for it, and take it to another shop that is also a Synergy distributor. So, I went there today to get my turbo, guess what, the owner sold it. He claims to me that he informed the sales rep to order another one once he had sold mine to another customer, all this without informing me the least bit. Prior to this, we were looking all over the shop for my turbo. But when the owner called me, he told me that he told the sales rep to get another turbo but the sales rep had no idea what he was talking about. After all that b.s. I requested a refund and that was a big problem with them. I went there with a friend and it took them nearly an hour just to process a credit card refund. So I waited out the 3-5 days that my bank informed the refund should take and nothing. So I called them and heard 2 different stories as to why I didn't receive a refund after waiting over 1 week at this point. So I said I will come in and expect a cash refund as this is how I paid for the turbo. I get there and the sales manager Bob that I spoke with was out. Another customer was waiting there with issues too and one guy trying to order a part. Bob finally gets back and claims that I told him that a check was fine, I recorded the calls and informed him of this and said I clearly mentioned cash, and he flipped. He told me that is a felony and I could go to jail, blah blah, its not. After going back and forth in front of the customers, he finally left to get cash.

Then I received an email from Bobby attempting to make up for the issue and offering me free installation and tune but yet tried to sell me the turbo for $350 more than I originally paid for it. He probably made profit off the one I paid less for too, therefore not offering me free installation and a tune. And to top that off, the turbo retails for $1200, not the $1300 he claims to me.

This is the exact message on my facebook, I took a pic of it so you can see that its not altered or edited in any way.

Like mentioned, I have had more issues than just this, this was the nail in the coffin. My car was tuned by Drew and after that I was running rich and dumping too much fuel in, since then my Cobb Accessport had not been working. I put down 350hp and 390tq on a stock turbo, which is b.s. according to TampaBay Tuned, they said that a stock turbo can't handle that much. The turbo began to magically leak oil after my motor got built at S&R but worked great and never smoked prior to this. Eventually my turbo died and I only have 50k miles on the car. 2 of my gauges did not work since I had my motor built there and I do not have working a/c in my car after taking it there 3 times to get fixed and told it was fixed. It took them about 2 months to build my motor(more to this story than that, I will add to this later).

My dyno results they claimed my car put down

The co-owner, Bobby, tends to lie about things and refuses to take blame for any mistakes. He instead blames everyone else for them but yet isn't the owner/managers job to maintain quality control? To me it is. I have been back numerous times to get things fixed. Pretty much everyone else that works there does nothing but talk shit about one another behind each others backs to customers. I have AAA and used all 4 of my tows within 4 months time, all thanks to S&R.

I had my friend look at my car the other day with me and we found that the hose for the boost gauge was actually lodged inside the cover over the alternator and was getting shredded by the alternator belt. I had Bobby from S&R look at it previously and he didn't even notice the hose lodged in there and actually said that my car might be running rich due to a nipple that is sticking out of the manifold not being capped (I asked him why my car was running rich after they tuned it and eating fuel excessively) and said I should go to the store and buy something to cap it. I did and nothing changed. That is actually where the hose is supposed to attach to for the boost gauge. I had always thought that hose was attached to something as I didn't know what it was or what it went to and it just ran right in between the cover for the alternator and the alternator itself.

"I love Asian chocha" crew member #001
"Anime Freak" Crew Member #001

Last edited by sirt8669; 10-30-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:12 PM
私は昼食のためのあなたのお母さんを持っ ていた

Some of my post appeared to have gotten messed up or removed. Here is some of the conversation I had with Bobby Ralston on the Subaru club via Facebook.

"I love Asian chocha" crew member #001
"Anime Freak" Crew Member #001

Old 11-28-2012, 11:25 AM
The Integra Guru!

Ouch. I've heard a few stories and have one myself. Nothing like yours, But at least I found out the quick and easy way.

I called and asked if they had a Walboro 255 in stock, They said yes to come in and he'll have it ready. I left in a rush to get it since my car was going to get tuned that day. I show up and the person at the desk has no idea what I was talking about, Or anyone. I forgot the persons name.. But they said the guy who was normally there ran out for a bit. I didn't have time to wait so they said it could be ordered for $120 or so and have it in a few days when he just told me $90 and it was in stock! So i said forget it. Ran over the St. Pete and grabbed one from John @ LHT. Never again..

Originally Posted by 94lsteg
You sided with the wrong guy dummy... Josh has forgot more than you have learned about Hondas.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 AM

Same story I used 5 tows trying to get my car back together after they took 2 months to do a two week job...blew my car on the dyno and took no responsibility...probably the worst experience of my life...these dudes should be out of business by now but I guess since they cheat everyone out of their money, stay can still afford to hire terrible techs, with even worst customer service