TRShop Reviews Reviews of service provided (good or bad) by local shops. Keep it factual and honest people, no flaming, no posting personal details and keep it ontopic.

AUDIO SHOP MESSED UP MY INTERIOR- SolControl on Hwy 54

Old 09-30-2011, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down AUDIO SHOP MESSED UP MY INTERIOR- SolControl on Hwy 54

Info on car and parts: I own an 03 Lexus IS300. Incase some don't know our dashes are rubberized painted and kinda easy to mess up. Audio parts I got for the install were Pioneer AVIC V1 TV/GPS/TV, Soundstream interior speakers, tweeters, amp, and 2 amp kits.

I brought my car to Solcontrol on Hwy 54. I had a 20 minute conversation with the installer about being very careful with my dash and pointed out that my interior was in mint condition and that I would like to keep it that way. They charged $350 for the install of everything and I thought I would pay good money to get good work but I was wrong. 3 days after leaving the car I get the call to pick it up (I know 3 days aint right).

So when I pick it up this is what I got
Audio shop Screwed up my dash - YouTube

After getting pretty pissed off I let the owner know this was not acceptable. She tried to deny the damage on my seat and airbag but said she would take care of it. I dropped the car off in tampa at their interior repair guy. I wouldnt even had posted against them untill I went back to their shop to get the money for the repair and she started Accusing me of already having seat damage like I was trying to screw her!? Too bad for her I had this picture of my interior before I brought it to her. She had nothing to say when I showed this to her

After all that shit I also noticed MY NEW HEAD UNIT WASN'T EVEN INSTALLED RIGHT! They forgot to hook up my GPS antenna so nothing would work on the unit. I dropped it back off to them and 20 minutes later they called me and said the unit was working the whole time and they didn't have to do anything. Too bad I noticed when i went to drive away I couldn't hit my gas pedal because all my floor carpet was pulled back. The idiot installer pulled it out so he could reach in and plug in the antenna and then tried telling me nothing was wrong. He wasn't even smart enough to put back the carpet so I wouldn't notice.

She also told the repair guy to only fix the damage around the Din even though I had deep scratches at the top of my center console. So now I have to take it back to the repair guy and pay to fix the rest of my dash out of my own pocket. BEWARE of these people, they do not know how to treat a customers car and then will accuse you of trying to screw them.