Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

Why is it you guys like the 3TC?

Old 02-15-2004, 07:01 AM
yea sweet lemonade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok slash, i had a 80 corolla with the 1.8 3tc. it had 200,000 miles i=on it and i tried to blow it up and couldn't. as with all toyota motors that are not stritcly for econ box usage toyota uses the best possible metals and materials intheir engines. the 2t/3tc have forged steal cranks stock and a very efficint hemi combustion camber. the cam is at the top of the block so that the push rods are less than 4inches long which helps with getting away with pushrods instad of OHC. You know what my brothers 85 celica looks like right, well in japan and other cool no us countries that body celica came with a 3tgte. a twin cam 2 valve twin spark plug hemi headed turbo. which made like 175hp and reved to 7500 stock. smae bottom end as the 2t/3tc just not pushrod. and the 3tc is the strocked version of the 1.6L 2tc which can be found in most pre 80 corolla's. the 2t/3t has as much potential as the 4ag series of motors and asre very similar in their construction. i've seen pr's inorlando with stock bottom 3tc's reving to over 7000 rpm's stock red line is 6000. go to toysport.com and go into tech section and read up on any toyota motor you want and will realize that no one, not even gay ass nissan builds better motors than toyota period. sorry but its simply the truth.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:16 AM

haha the 3tc is one of the most strongest 4cyl 1 there half a v8 piston size 2 a very easy easy motor to work with 3 its a single cam not that expensive
Old 12-28-2015, 11:08 PM

I have a 82 Rolla with a 3tc, The HP is gone at 5300RPM although I hit 7k, so it is indestructible.
~75ish HP on a fresh motor..
So engine wise IMO they have a turbo motor.. build that.. or a newer motor..
Gets to my main point.. The chassis is nice.. Lightweight, RWD, Decent engine space from what I see.