Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Running like shitake....

Old 04-07-2012, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running like shitake....

So when I bought this car it came with a uninstalled CAI so with it being a nice cool saturday I thought it would be a good time to put it on. It's a ebay edition I think. So I put it on, and started it up and it just stalled, so I returned it back to the way it was and it's still just stalling... Any help would be awesome thanks! The only sensor I removed was the one on the intake tube...
Old 04-07-2012, 12:21 PM

Yea sensor is there for a reason. put it back.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:41 PM

Well I did put it back, lol. But its fixed now. I'm so used to GM that I didn't know that was the MAF. And on GM's there is a flow indicator on the sensor. So needless to say I somehow flipped the intake pipe and it was on backwards. So for whoever has read this I'm not that retarded.... I've just been so mind effed with all this jet stuff that I didn't think outside the box. So sorry for making myself look like an ass.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by kmpittner91
Well I did put it back, lol. But its fixed now. I'm so used to GM that I didn't know that was the MAF. And on GM's there is a flow indicator on the sensor. So needless to say I somehow flipped the intake pipe and it was on backwards. So for whoever has read this I'm not that retarded.... I've just been so mind effed with all this jet stuff that I didn't think outside the box. So sorry for making myself look like an ass.
Yeah dude, if you're going CAI you need to keep the MAF lol. You'll also need to rescale your maf sensor if you change anything with the way it takes in air. It will be off in one way or another. If the piping's bigger it could cause your car to run lean (more air coming in). If it's smaller it could run rich. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone. I've found that with any mod to my 04 I've had to change the tune a little here or there. Just a heads up if you haven't gotten your hands dirty with it yet.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:46 PM

Yeah, I'm going to try this Accessport out, and hopefully not screw anything up. I've only ever used data masters for OBD I cars before so hopefully it wont be much different. It had a short ram on it and it was a little sluggish when it was hot out. But now it spools a little faster. Oh and how hard are UEL headers to put on?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by kmpittner91
Yeah, I'm going to try this Accessport out, and hopefully not screw anything up. I've only ever used data masters for OBD I cars before so hopefully it wont be much different. It had a short ram on it and it was a little sluggish when it was hot out. But now it spools a little faster. Oh and how hard are UEL headers to put on?
Yeah the Access port should help. Never used one, been using opensource. If you're running a shortram you may want to get a heatshield. It's going to increase your Intake Temps if not. I would use the CAI if it has a spot for the maf sensor and if the access port will let you tune for it.

UEL headers aren't bad at all pending that you can get your heatshields off. My first experience with taking mine off was a nightmare. My car is from Michigan so the bolts were rusty. Ended up having to cut them off (heatshields). If all goes well.. You have the heatshields, o2 sensor, 6 bolts from manifolds to head, 2 bolts from passenger side manifold to up pipe. Not bad at all.