Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Start New Subaru Weekend Meet

Old 02-28-2012, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Start New Subaru Weekend Meet

We need to get a subaru meet going again, the weekly Target meet at Little road and 54 on Sunday was ruined by some immature people. Long story short, cops called etc. Lets try to keep this meet to the mature.

I suggest a mutually beneficial spot so that we can have more people regularly. I also heard that some people would like to meet on Saturdays or earlier on Sunday than 8pm.

open to suggestions. Lets get this going again
Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by raptor727
We need to get a subaru meet going again, the weekly Target meet at Little road and 54 on Sunday was ruined by some immature people. Long story short, cops called etc. Lets try to keep this meet to the mature.

I suggest a mutually beneficial spot so that we can have more people regularly. I also heard that some people would like to meet on Saturdays or earlier on Sunday than 8pm.

open to suggestions. Lets get this going again
We are down, let me know where and when.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:09 AM

yeah mike eric and i were talking about this also trying to figure out a good location with lighting and food and also realative to everyone so its gotta be close to a interstate/suncoast or 19.Have any ideas?

Old 02-29-2012, 10:50 AM

if there was a place somewhere near one of the bridges i think it would be best so ppl for st pete don't have a far ass drive,its like the best half way point from ppl coming from tampa too, either way let me know, down for subie meets again.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:42 PM

well, well lite places?

1. off the top of my head, close to suncoast, there is the Super Target on 54 and the Suncoast express way. not sure how late they are open or their parking light being lite late. not much for food out there besides Starbucks and Mcdonalds

2. closer to US 19, there is the Publix parking lot at US 19 and Tarpon Ave, thats about half way between St Pete and Hudson/Spring Hill (Tom). food wise, alot of fast food options around Publix in the same parking lot, that about it. Chilis about 2 minutes from this parking lot.

3. as far as being closed to a bridge, there is another Publix Parking lot on Tampa Rd and Racetrack Rd. about 5-10 minutes north of the Bayside bridge. again, mainly fast food in the parking area, but Applebees, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc are within 5 minutes ot the parking lot. parking lot is well lite. i think this location might be nice due to Patterson, Racetrack, South Mobley, Boyscott (these roads could be a nice drive, i love these roads), and The resturants that are local to this location.

but again, needs to be mutual so that we have a more regular turn out. this is about 25 minutes south (15 miles) of me and probably the furthest i would go depending on the day and time we pick.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 PM
AKA: jgti

Saturdays are much better for me, also I'm in NPR on the weekends.

<a href=http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/jgti/100_3052-2.jpg target=_blank target=http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...100_3052-2.jpg" border="0" />
Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 AM

publix in tarpon maybe ruff due to the police over there they are much stricter and seems to like to stir things up i like the super target idea and since starbucks mcdonalds and chilies are all open late im sure it stays very well lite for a while and its huge if its a saturday im deff down!

Old 03-03-2012, 02:24 PM

so when does everyone want to plan on the first meet? next weekend, the 10th, saturday?
Old 03-03-2012, 03:36 PM

Why not a Beach meet? Clearwater beach after hours is great, cops don't mind people having fun minus alcohol and stupid immature stuff.
Plus beach is always fun.

If not, Walmart parking lot would also be a best bet with Publix second in tow (Publix cares more about store image and if it becomes FASTNDAFURIOUS YAH DAWG MORE THEN YOU CAN AFFORD NOSSSSSENSE they will kick you out.)
Old 03-09-2012, 09:32 PM

Aloha! Sorry this is a last second post. I'm visiting Tampa from Tennessee which I recently moved to from Hawaii. I have my Hawaiian 96 Subaru SVX aka SVEXY with me and was looking for the Subie scene here. I'm leaving Sunday, but even if there isn't going to be a meet does anyone know where I can get some good beach shots with my car? Lol it's kind of a big deal for me. I've taken her to San Diego, Oahu, Virginia Beach and now Florida I can't leave without some cool pics by the way my name is Amanda. You can reply here or to me email SVeXy96@yahoo.com~Mahalo (thank you!)

Quick Reply: Start New Subaru Weekend Meet