For Sale/WTB Subaru Strictly Subaru For Sale/WTB

Local Scammer Beware

Old 12-17-2009, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local Scammer Beware

I purchased an ej257/ej205 hybrid motor for $2,500 on 04/23/09 from Darksc00by (Josh) in Ocala. I was sold a supposedly "EJ257 EJ205 hybrid, fully rebuilt no miles." motor which turned out to be a disaster. I was also told that the pistons and rings were BRAND NEW and the heads were from an 04' WRX with less than 40k miles and fully rebuilt.

This is the original thread. He already deleted the details but the title lets you know what I was supposed to be buying. EJ257 EJ205 hybrid, fully rebuilt no miles. will ship - NASIOC

I later found a post reading "Fully rebuilt EJ205 heads with less than 45k before rebuild, with a EJ257 block with less than 100 miles." here https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/c...-japworks.html. Once again a lie.

I have slowly been accumulating the parts for my build and finally came around to having everything that I need. I decided to go with ported heads that I purchased from another member here on the forums (jblaine). When disassembling the "hybrid" to put the new heads on this is what I found:

BENT VALVE

OIL IN MOTOR FROM BEING RAN

CARBON BUILD-UP ON PISTONS

CARBON BUILD UP ON HEADS

At first he told me that he would pay for the parts and have that head fixed. 1 day later (today) he tells me "I don't plan on trying to fix anything. I talked to my engine builder and the race shop who did the heads and they said they will back me up." He told me that this motor was built by a member here on Nasioc and has changed his story at least 3 times. Now he says that a race shop built the heads. He also proceeded to tell me over the phone "I'm sorry to tell you this but the heads actually have about 65k miles on them and have been on/off about 15 different motors." Who knows, all that I know is that I paid $2500 for a bad motor.

I'm upset that I have been put back so far after all of my work and time. I was planning on using the alleged "rebuilt" heads to get my other car up and going and now I am going to be paying for them to get rebuilt and hoping that my block is still okay.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:00 PM

posted in the wrong section, sorry guys.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Faster than your honduh

interesting that you keep changing the details on what I told you in the first place.

and also interesting that you are failing to mention that you ran the motor.

The 100 miles since rebuild thing... maybe because I EVEN told you that I got fucked on a set of heads that I was going to use, and had my engine builder rip apart the entire engine AGAIN, rebuild the whole bottom end again, put ALL new parts in, made it look brand new on the inside... weird how carbon buildup occurs without running a motor...

Whatever. Not like I care about TR anyways, but you're the cheap ass who is the real scammer.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Just for decoration

Locking, there seems to be drama on both ends. Please don't bring a transaction from NASIOC over to TR. Leave it on NASIOC.

And this doesn't belong in a Classifieds thread.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008