TRShop Reviews Reviews of service provided (good or bad) by local shops. Keep it factual and honest people, no flaming, no posting personal details and keep it ontopic.

BAD GUY: Aaron Muniz, Crockett's Towing, Auto Body and Repair

Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAD GUY: Aaron Muniz, Crockett's Towing, Auto Body and Repair

Aaron Muniz
Aaron Muniz | LinkedIn

Crockett's Towing, Auto Body and Repair
Address: 9621 Land O' Lakes Blvd, Land O' Lakes, FL 34638
Phone: (813) 996-7700

Long Story but needs to be shared to prevent others from being ripped off by this same person.

On September 27th, 2012 I contacted Aaron regarding having a Mazdaspeed RX-8 front bumper repaired with a decent sized crack in it from hitting a Racoon and having it resprayed. He said sure it would be no problem, on October 2nd we planned to meet up and have him take a look at the bumper after work, this should have been the first sign, he didn't show up and didn't call or answer his phone when I called.

On October 4th I went to Aaron's house and spoke with him about the bumper and discussed what needed to be fixed, he made it sound like it would be no problem. We later agreed on a price of $350 to do the work.

On October 10th I texted him and asked how progress on the bumper was coming, I got no response.

On October 17th I texted him again to check on the status of the bumper, he responded "Good, had it at work today wet sanded gonna go in early tomorrow and spray it so hopefully I'll have it for you tomorrow night I'll keep you updated throughout the day"

On October 18th, he text me 'Hey bumper will be ready tomorrow evening''

On October 19th, he sent me a picture and said it was done.

On October 20th, I went to pick up the bumper from him at his work, when he pulled it out of his truck he put a big scratch in it so it had to be repainted again, and he filled in the tabs that attach the bumper to the car in the wheel well with solid fiberglass so he had to fix those too.

On October 23rd, I brought him the side markers so he could fix the tabs and fit the side markers properly.

On October 28th and 30th I texted him, to check on the bumper, I didn't get a response until the 31st, the bumper still wasn't done.

On November 5th, 6th, and 7th I texted him again, no response from these inquiries either.

On November 11th, I texted him asking if he was able to get the bumper finished, he said it was done and everything looked good and fit right. I asked him again what I owed him for the work, he told me $250 because of the multiple delays. He reduced the price voluntarily, I did not ask him to do this at all.

On November 12th, I picked up the bumper, although there were a few runs in the clear coat I paid him the $250 based on the promise that he would come and sand and buff out the runs in the clear.

On November 13th, I contacted him about arranging to meet up to fix the runs in the clear and also the fitment issues we were having when installing the bumper on the car. He said he couldn't do it on the 14th and asked if we could do it on the 15th, but I wasn't available to do it then. Over the next two weeks I called multiple times to arrange to meet up and get things straightened out with no response.

After getting a chance to look at the bumper more closely, I noticed many things that weren't right.
There were multiple runs in the clear.
There we fitment issues with the tabs and side marker fitment.
There was dust settled throughout the clear coat which I assume is because it wasn't cleared in a booth.
The whole bottom edge of the bumper was not clear coated at all.
The paint on the lower flare on the driver's side was already peeling/cracking.
There was overspray on the rubber seal and metal trim along the top.
There was a crack in the paint in the lower corner of the headlight opening on the passenger side.

December 6th, I contacted Aaron a few days before and left a message explaining in detail all the problems and asking what he could do to fix everything.
I texted him Asking him if he got my message a few days prior and stating that I needed to talk to him about the bumper.

Aaron: "I'm not going to do it so we can part ways"

Me: "What do you mean you're not going to do it?" and "So if we are just going to part ways you're giving me my money back right?"

Aaron: "R u kidding dude? you call me like a month later to complain about about bullshit ass bumper, it costs more in materials and my time to fix that so if anything you would owe me money."

Me: "First of all you we supposed to come over a few days later and fix the spot in the clear coat which you never did, you did a shitty job fixing it, you told me if there were any problems with it you would fix it, the bumper doesn't even fit, it wasn't sprayed in a booth so there's dust and shit all in the clear coat, multiple drips and peeling paint. And now you're not going to stand by your work? "

Aaron: "Dude lose my number your bullshit ass f****** bumper will never define my work, your words mean fuck all to me. Btw you never called me to arrange to fix those runs" (Note: I called multiple times to arrange for him to fix the runs in the clear)

At this point I got a mutual friend involved and he spoke to Aaron and had him agree to fix it.
The bumper was picked up by Aaron from this mutual friends house on December 12th

On January 3rd, Aaron text me "Yo I haven't had a chance to get to your bumper due to personal problems that I don't care to discuss with you, and I probably won't have a chance to get to it anytime soon so lemme know what you wanna do."

Me: I can understand you having personal problems but the bumper needs to be fixed right. If you can't do it then I need my money back, the job wasn't done right and you told me you would take care of it, so I paid you trusting the fact that you said you would fix any problems.

Aaron: I told you I would fix the runs and you give my cousin a list of shit that you are demanding to get done... Dude go anywhere and ask anyone who knows what this work involves. Ask them if they would do all that work for $250. Guaranteed they will say no. I blessed you and still had to pay for
materials. So do whatever it Is you gotta do to try and fuck me... It'll come back to you, that I can promise.

(It's absolutely crazy to me, but he seems to think I'm the one that has done something wrong here, he stated a price of $350, I agreed to it, he lowered that price because of excessive delays and hassles to $250 without me asking him to do so, how is that my problem?)

Aaron: The best I will do is get rid of the runs.

Me: It's not just the runs though, there's already paint peeling on the bottom, the bottom edge was never clear coated, the bumper wasn't sprayed in a booth so there's dust settled all throughout it. We tried to mount it on his car, thats it the car was never even driven. I've been trying to be nice about this whole thing you're the one that's been giving me problems. You agreed to a price, it's as simple as that. That doesn't mean you should not follow through on a commitment, I'm not trying to fuck you over I'm just trying to make this right.

Me: If anything man I'm the one that has been fucked over, be honest man would you put that bumper on your car the way it is? I doubt it.

Aaron: I wouldn't have wasted time fixing something like that, I would just replace it, like how many times can you fiberglass something that has been trashed that much?!??!

Me: Then you should have told me you didn't want to do it, I would have figured something else out. You made it seem like fixing it would be no problem. At no point did you say it wasn't worth it to fix until after the fact.

Aaron: Well it wasn't till the corner tabs came in to play, everything else was fine
(If anything this was the easy part of the job until he decided to fill in the whole area with fiberglass)

Me: Forget about the tabs I'll fix those myself. Can you just fix the peeling paint on the lower flares and sand and reclear the bumper?

Aaron: Yea

Me: Ok, in what kind of timeline can you have it done?

Aaron: Give me 3 weeks as a cushion

Me: Come on man I'm not trying to be a dick about this but it's only a couple hours worth of work to sand and respray it.

Aaron: 2 weeks just for good measure

I'm sure it will get done before that ok

Me: Ok I guess it is what it is, thank you. Can you just keep in touch and let me know the status every so often? There's really no reason Jonathan(Our Mutual Friend) should have to be involved in this.

Aaron: Yea no prob

Me: Ok thanks

January 13th, Me: How's the bumper coming man?

January 21st, Me: Hi Aaron, where do we stand on the bumper? Is it done?

January 23rd, Me: Aaron can you please let me now the status on the bumper, it's been 3 weeks already. Thanks
(The below is after receiving a Voicemail from Aaron)
Just got your message my phone didn't even ring, I have crappy service at my house. I don't know what you want to do but he needs to have his bumper back as soon as possible. You tell me, I either need it done right soon(like within a week), or I need the money back to take it somewhere else and have them respray it for him.
No reply from him again.

January 28th, Me: Can you please let me know what you plan to do with the bumper? Thanks

January 29th, Me: I need to know when you will have the bumper done, it been almost 4 months since I originally gave you the bumper. And it's been a month already since you told me it would be done in 2 weeks

Aaron: You can come get it dude I haven't had the time I'm sorry

Me: Yea I can come get it but what are we doing about the money

Me: I need to know what's going on man, either you're going to make it right or you're not, either way at this point I just need the bumper back

Me: Just let me know when and where and I'll come pick up the bumper.

After this point it took until today February 5th to arrange a time to pick up the bumper, I now have the bumper back in the same condition, he did nothing with it after receiving it back the second time almost 2 months ago, he had the bumper for a total of just about 4 months. He told me he had no money to give back to me and if I wanted to I could come back to him in a month or 2 after he starts a new job at some other shop and has time to get it done. To think that I would bring the bumper back to him after all of this is absolutely absurd, and he seems to think there's nothing wrong with what he has done with this whole situation.

Beware of any work done by this guy and make sure any shop you go to in Tampa isn't working with Aaron Muniz as he claims to be getting a new job soon somewhere down in the Tampa Area. If he can't even paint a bumper I'd hate to see what he would do to a whole car.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See trying to get a bumper repaired and painted for 350$ was your first red flag