Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

72 Chevelle SS *Complete Detail w/ Paint Correction*

Old 09-25-2011, 05:53 AM
All Aboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72 Chevelle SS *Complete Detail w/ Paint Correction*

Recently I was asked to detail this car and did so over a 2 day period. Its a matching numbers car that was restored using almost all original parts. Body has minimal body work besides newer paint.

Car was detailed with Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant followed by Blackfire wax. I love this combination and feel it creates an unbelievable shine. Only downside is the time it takes the sealant to cure...which is more than a few hours. I generally wait 24 hours before applying a wax which can be inconvenient.

On to the pics...

First, the correction...have more pics but silver is really difficult to capture. I tend to not take as many pictures as I should...as I was able to get more correction after taking this picture.

And, the finished product.

If you need Paint Correction please give me a call or PM me. I use the best products which yield the best results.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

Not trying to be a dick.. you obviously do great work. But i was just wondering how exactly do you "correct paint"?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by *JamReX*
Not trying to be a dick.. you obviously do great work. But i was just wondering how exactly do you "correct paint"?
Paint correction is a term detailers use to basically buff down with a hard compound to flatten the clear. That means sanding out scratches etc.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:01 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Paint correction is a term detailers use to basically buff down with a hard compound to flatten the clear. That means sanding out scratches etc.
So its basically a clear coat treatment?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by *JamReX*
So its basically a clear coat treatment?
Treat it to where you take out all oxidation and flatten the clear and buffed, and polished.

Its just a fancy name to sell it to customers.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:47 PM
All Aboard

Paint correction is the term most often used when polishing a vehicle's clear coat.

Swirl removal, scratch removal, etc etc....are all terms used. In essence, the clear coat is being removed to a level where its not refracting light...allowing for the paint to be more reflective and have a deeper look.

There are many different types of compound available now and I prefer meguiar's products. In addition to meguiar's there are products from Optimum, menzerna and others. Foam and wool pads are used with different compounds depending on the type of clear coat to achieve some level of correction.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by chet
Paint correction is the term most often used when polishing a vehicle's clear coat.

Swirl removal, scratch removal, etc etc....are all terms used. In essence, the clear coat is being removed to a level where its not refracting light...allowing for the paint to be more reflective and have a deeper look.

There are many different types of compound available now and I prefer meguiar's products. In addition to meguiar's there are products from Optimum, menzerna and others. Foam and wool pads are used with different compounds depending on the type of clear coat to achieve some level of correction.

Meguiars is good stuff, have you tried the m109 and the m209?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 PM
All Aboard

I have not tried m109 or m209. Can you send me a link to a description of the product.

I was under the impression that the d300 system was the latest from meguiars...and I've yet to try it although it seems like it should be excellent.

A review for d300 can be found here.

Product Review: Meguiar