Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

JBL MS-8 processor!

Old 07-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Maximaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The main pics are still on the shop camera. The only thing I took pics of on my phone was the deadened doors since the customer couldn't see that part when the car was done, and I wanted to show him the amount I used which was just easier via camera phone.

It was a 2007 TL Type S, and the MS8 (powered by the factory nav h/u) ran a JL 300/4 on Image Dynamics components actively, and a JL 500/1 on a 10W6 in a sealed fiberglass box formed to the left side of the trunk, no rear fill. I'll get the pics off the shop camera tomorrow, however the amps were somewhat dinged up appearance wise because they were used, provided by the customer.

Last edited by kpr10is; 07-22-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:19 PM

i see that it was claimed to blow away the bit-one and the alpine imprint.. saw confirmation as far as being better than the alpine.. whats the comparison to the bit-one?

seems to be easier to tune? faster? still have the full in depth tweaking ability? more, less?
Old 07-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Maximaniac

I haven't done a BitOne for comparison yet, but I will say that tuning the MS8 was incredibly easy.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by kpr10is
I haven't done a BitOne for comparison yet, but I will say that tuning the MS8 was incredibly easy.
i know the bit one is by no stretch of the imagination easy to learn and utilize, but i also know that in the terms of setting a sound stage and the amount of functions available, especially with use of specific amps (thesis) is unbelievable. and thats simply based off my limited interaction with the sq install world... i can only imagine the true dynamics of said pieces. and seeing as they are in about the same price range, id be interested to see a true direct comparison.

Taz Devil Customs

2000 Nissan Maxima, 3L

Hertz HSK 165 XL - 2 pairs
Hertz SPL SHOW 8" - 1 pair
Hertz EP-4 - mids/highs amp
Power Acustik BAMF 5500D - sub amp
Digital Designs 9518 - MONSTER
Old 07-25-2010, 05:37 PM

We've also heard nothing but raving on the Bit One over the years. Since we are not a Hertz/Audison dealer (yet), none of us have ever really installed or tuned one here. But, my new sales manager that I just brought on came from a shop that moved a good amount of the Hertz/Audison stuff. He has some insight on it but started after we installed that first MS-8. So, we really have not had a chance to compare (yet)...

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 07-25-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by MCOR
We've also heard nothing but raving on the Bit One over the years. Since we are not a Hertz/Audison dealer (yet), none of us have ever really installed or tuned one here. But, my new sales manager that I just brought on came from a shop that moved a good amount of the Hertz/Audison stuff. He has some insight on it but started after we installed that first MS-8. So, we really have not had a chance to compare (yet)...
true. well, please do let me know what you think (or what he thinks) after you make a true comparison.

and if you can get ahold of hertz/audison, kudos. amazing product. ryan pepsin, the owner of srq custom autosounds here in sarasota, just installed a set of the MLK 2 components in his BMW, along with 2 high energy 10"s, all off an audison 5 chan.. thing sounds glorious. haha

Taz Devil Customs

2000 Nissan Maxima, 3L

Old 07-26-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by tazdevilcustoms
true. well, please do let me know what you think (or what he thinks) after you make a true comparison.

and if you can get ahold of hertz/audison, kudos. amazing product. ryan pepsin, the owner of srq custom autosounds here in sarasota, just installed a set of the MLK 2 components in his BMW, along with 2 high energy 10"s, all off an audison 5 chan.. thing sounds glorious. haha
Ryan is a great guy. I talk to him allot. Good installer and he is building a great shop over there. Definately respected in this field for his workmanship and talents.

As far as getting Herts/Audison, we could have it tomorrow. The only thing holding me up is that I want to be sure I have the clientelle to fully support that company when we jump in. As a matter of fact, my new sales manager has a complete Hertz system that we will be putting into his Harley F250 as soon as he finishes putting the interior together. By the time that is done, we may start trickling in their product. They definately have some very next level equipment. I think most who have heard it would agree..

MCOR Automotive LLC
www.mcorautomotive.com
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 07-26-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by MCOR
Ryan is a great guy. I talk to him allot. Good installer and he is building a great shop over there. Definately respected in this field for his workmanship and talents.

As far as getting Herts/Audison, we could have it tomorrow. The only thing holding me up is that I want to be sure I have the clientelle to fully support that company when we jump in. As a matter of fact, my new sales manager has a complete Hertz system that we will be putting into his Harley F250 as soon as he finishes putting the interior together. By the time that is done, we may start trickling in their product. They definately have some very next level equipment. I think most who have heard it would agree..
im certainly glad i found his shop. i've learned more just by watching his work than i've learned in all my research escapades online. nothing beats real life experience.

anyways, i've been blown away by the entire hertz line. the low lines are cheap and still provide an amazing sound for the value, and the upper lines, such as the high energy xl's that im running, sound simply amazing.

seeing as i am slightly inclined to lean towards the spl realm, i had to try out the spl show stuff... and i personally love the incorporation of the spl show 8"s and the 2 sets of high energy's.

anyways, talked to ryan about the comparison tonight. he said that the bit one was pretty much the same as far as an automatic set up type thing.. but that the bit one did offer more.

Taz Devil Customs

2000 Nissan Maxima, 3L

Old 08-11-2010, 04:58 PM

Here are the pics of the install. Nothing special to look at. And I can only find half of the pics. This was a mostly JL system as noted earlier by my installer.

MCOR Automotive LLC
www.mcorautomotive.com
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

Old 08-12-2010, 04:41 AM

The one thing I've noticed about the Hertz speakers is they have a unique tonality to them. It's nothing bad or wrong, it's just different. A lot of European designed speakers seem to have that. It's almost like some European companies use a different reference than American or Asian designers do. I noticed it a lot when i used to sell a lot of home theater stuff, the British and Euro speakers just had a different sound. I've always thought the Hertz stuff sounds pretty good myself. I'm not quite drinking the kool-aid to the level that some people are, but they are very nice stuff!
727-573-2626
www.audioexpertonline.com

Audio Expert's Facebook site