WTB / For Sale Other Makes & Models Strictly Other Makes related for sale/WTB

Climate Control Module (Volvo)

Old 09-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Old-school

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate Control Module (Volvo)

A customer thought he had a bad CCM in his 2002 Volvo S40, so he brought me one to install for him. Didn't fix it. So he brought me another one. Same problem. Long story short, he had a bad connection at the relay board, and I now have two used, but good CCM's at the shop. According to the guys at Volvo of Tampa, these modules are notorious for going bad, and they're about $900 new (or about $200 at any salvage yard....if you can find one)

TR members get first dibs at $100 each, or make me an offer. I'd hate to see something this rare (and cheap) go in the dumpster.
Tampa, FL 33619
813-247-2444
Old 09-30-2009, 09:45 PM

Default S40 Climate Control Module

My local Volvo dealer told me my module is defunct but no guarantees on fixing the problem (heater/AC/defroster problems as well as FM radio). I understand the module has gone through 7 part number generations since initial production (some may just be different vendors). My Volvo is a 2001 S40. Do you still have one of the modules and, if so, what is the part number? You can reach me at hwtd@aol.com. Thanks, Terry
Also what were the symptoms that wre rectified by way of fixing the connection? What was the connnection. Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Old-school

Hey Terry
There may be 7 part numbers available, but the difference is in the year of the car, Heated Seats (or not), and DSA (Stability Control). Volvo only showed one part number for this particular one, which is 0142699G04.

If you want to swing by, we can try swapping it out to see if that's the problem. Worst-case scenario is we get a chance to *properly* diagnose it while the module is out of the dash.

See if you can find out what codes popped up when they scanned the module, too. Scanning requires a dealer-only break-out box (no connection to the OBD-2 port) so I have no way of doing that here.

Original car was an '02 S40 without heated seats or DSA.

Short list of symptoms:
1) A/C module would power up and compressor would come on for about 1/4 second at Key-On, then both would shut off.
2) One or two of the backlights in the module (behind the knobs) would work properly, but never all three.
3) Entire HVAC system would work properly *sometimes*. When it came on, it would stay on....but usually it didn't come on at all.

I'm not sure exactly where the connection was. It was repaired at Volvo, and I didn't get the car back here until after dark, so I didn't see it myself. It took them almost a week to figure out that it was "somewhere" in the relay box.

As a side note, I don't see how ANY business can stay afloat if they're charging $1200 for a non-refundable repair that they don't even know will work. Good thing (for them) they're the only Volvo dealer within 50 miles......
Tampa, FL 33619
813-247-2444

Last edited by AlienBlood; 10-01-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:27 AM

Default 2002 volvo s40 heater control module

Originally Posted by AlienBlood
A customer thought he had a bad CCM in his 2002 Volvo S40, so he brought me one to install for him. Didn't fix it. So he brought me another one. Same problem. Long story short, he had a bad connection at the relay board, and I now have two used, but good CCM's at the shop. According to the guys at Volvo of Tampa, these modules are notorious for going bad, and they're about $900 new (or about $200 at any salvage yard....if you can find one)

TR members get first dibs at $100 each, or make me an offer. I'd hate to see something this rare (and cheap) go in the dumpster.

Do you still have on of these Modules available? thank you: John