BMW / Mercedes Tech Germany and its finest

Need some opinions.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:16 PM
PWN5 J00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some opinions.

So I am ordering some parts over the next few weeks. I have been itching to mod it.

Basiclly I wanted some opinions before I order, that way maybe someone can chime in with better idea or something I didnt think about.

What I currently have is listed in sig.

1) Wheels:

Breyton Race CS Matte Grey w/Red Stripe

2) Hood:

Seibon Carbon Fiber Products: Hoods, Trunk Lids, Fenders, Lip Spoilers, Accessories...

3) Intake (replace my current):

BimmerWorld Shopping Cart

4) Goto JB3 PnP

5) Exhaust: Undecided for now, could use some opinions, for now Cat Back is fine.

6) Interior. I plan on soing the Carbon Fiber pieces to replace my Aluminum and the OEM BMW Performace Steering Wheel. Depending on cash I would love to do the OEM Perfomance seats.

7) Suspensions - H&R Springs (non race), Eibach Anti-Roll Kit and some brand Strut Bar.

So let me know what the thoughts are!!!! I dont want to go Tacky, but definatly tired of looking like just another BMW owner.

Last edited by cpages2; 04-06-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:19 AM

you kind of have a huge selection of options, what are you thinking of doing first performance, cosmetic. there are just sooo many options to go with. I think a good intake, exhaust and software would be a good start, or BOV, I really like the OEM performance seats but I could only imagine the $$$ and if your going to spend money on suspension I recomend that you do coilovers its soo much more worth the money when you look at your abilities with coilovers.
Cell: 703-314-6511
Andrew@lutzperfauto.net
17510 US HIghway 41 N
Lutz, FL 33549

Old 04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
PWN5 J00

Its not so much options as those are what I am ordering.

As for Performance I do have intake and JB2 now but want to squeeze some more out of it. I know I need to get an exhaust. You say BOV, let me get some feedback from you on this. Everything I read seems to be split (like how 90% of BOV discussions go) some saying its a great mod and others saying it causes more harm then good.

As for the suspension I did kick around the idea of coil-overs, but I love the way my car drives. I remember when I did full coil overs on my 08' STi the ride sucked so much afterwards.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:16 PM
is better than you™

the wheels i'll work on a pshop for you if you'd like, i think they would look very good. the hood i like, i 2nd the idea of coils over springs/shocks i'd suggest finding someone with the coils you might want and going for a ride and seeing what you think whats right for some is to hard for others etc. the seats are sexy, the steering wheel is awesome, your on the right track!

andrew didn't yall do an exhaust on a 335i kinda not to long ago?

Old 04-08-2009, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by cpages2

As for Performance I do have intake and JB2 now but want to squeeze some more out of it. I know I need to get an exhaust. You say BOV, let me get some feedback from you on this. Everything I read seems to be split (like how 90% of BOV discussions go) some saying its a great mod and others saying it causes more harm then good.

As for the suspension I did kick around the idea of coil-overs, but I love the way my car drives. I remember when I did full coil overs on my 08' STi the ride sucked so much afterwards.

Well I mean as far as BOV's we are an active autowerke distributor so I honestly can only give you first hand opinion on their product and they have had no problems with their BOV's harming the car. The idea behind the blow off is to spell,excess pressure build-up against the turbo compressor impeller blades. That pressure can cause the impeller to stop spinning (a.k.a. Compressor Surge),which can damage the compressor wheel and shaft. With the blow off in place, the stock turbos are protected as the boost is raised, this is especially more important to someone who has software and is pushing more boost than factory.
Andrew@lutzperfauto.net
17510 US HIghway 41 N
Lutz, FL 33549

Old 04-08-2009, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by cpages2

Yeah it really depends on what coilover's you get for the car, you really want to pickup a set that have a dampening changing ability like the bilstein PSS9-10 series, or a KW variant 2-3, JIC cross is a new company that Ive picked up and they also use awsome product but is a bit more $$$ than than bilstein but compareable to the KW series. here are some pics of a car I installed KW variant 2's on a 335i.

and for exhaust I really like the sound of the Active system, but the UUC system is pretty nice aswell and starting price of 999.99. If you decide to get one let me know and ill give you a hell of a deal.
Andrew@lutzperfauto.net
17510 US HIghway 41 N
Lutz, FL 33549

Old 04-08-2009, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by jriggs
the wheels i'll work on a pshop for you if you'd like, i think they would look very good. the hood i like, i 2nd the idea of coils over springs/shocks i'd suggest finding someone with the coils you might want and going for a ride and seeing what you think whats right for some is to hard for others etc. the seats are sexy, the steering wheel is awesome, your on the right track!

andrew didn't yall do an exhaust on a 335i kinda not to long ago?
Ive done a couple an active and UUC
Andrew@lutzperfauto.net
17510 US HIghway 41 N
Lutz, FL 33549

Old 04-08-2009, 01:09 PM
e30 addict

performance parts for bmws of the last 5-10 years are too expensive. the coilovers "ride quality" will depend entirely on the setup you choose and spring rates and dampening. different setups could be as soft or firm as you desire. ive been in plenty of cars with their cute little coilovers that arent near as firm and have way more body roll than the mighty H&R race with struts and shocks. people usually get coilovers to go low. H&R sport and bil shocks would be best if you dont want too firm or plan on going real low. also stiffer front bar and strut bar helps a lot. all this assuming you want suspension for handling.

Last edited by lennon; 04-08-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:18 PM
PWN5 J00

Originally Posted by lutzperfautoinc
Well I mean as far as BOV's we are an active autowerke distributor so I honestly can only give you first hand opinion on their product and they have had no problems with their BOV's harming the car. The idea behind the blow off is to spell,excess pressure build-up against the turbo compressor impeller blades. That pressure can cause the impeller to stop spinning (a.k.a. Compressor Surge),which can damage the compressor wheel and shaft. With the blow off in place, the stock turbos are protected as the boost is raised, this is especially more important to someone who has software and is pushing more boost than factory.
No I understand why they are there. But my understanding is when air is purged into atmosphere the ecu has already compinasated for that air flowing back in which caused a rich enviroment in the cylinder.

Wouldnt that cause more harm?