Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

Rattle can it? The best flat black...

Old 12-25-2008, 09:12 PM
SlamGangsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattle can it? The best flat black...

I got a new drift car and am thinking about rattle canning it flat black (as always)! In the openion of the TR forum junkies what is the best spray paint to use? I have heard Rustolium or Kyrlon Fusion... But idk, I uaislly only paint with a paint gun! lol whats the best flat black spray paint?
Old 12-26-2008, 01:53 PM

if i were you i would buy black basecoat and basecoat activator...... you probably will spend the same amount on that as 25 cans of spray paint
Old 12-26-2008, 02:40 PM

just use a vinel paint it's ment to be flat and comes out of a gun not a can
Old 12-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Krylon Rust Tough Enamel. The Rustoleum stuff is okay, too. But I swear by the Krylon Rust Tough Enamel. The biggest thing is good prepwork with that rattle can. You prep the surfave 100% properly and that paint will stick like a MOTHERFUCKER.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:34 AM
SlamGangsta

Yeah the car is already prepared for paint... its primed as of now. I was going to spray it but I figure if Im going to drift it why put somthing that I will be mad if I f**k up! lol
Old 12-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Beef Tits

walmart has 3 kinds of blacks for 99 cents a can! spend 25 bux and paint your whole car... my friend did that to his integra and only used 13 cans...
Old 12-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by MikeDillard07
walmart has 3 kinds of blacks for 99 cents a can! spend 25 bux and paint your whole car... my friend did that to his integra and only used 13 cans...
That is a lot cheaper than the Krylon. Both in price and in quality.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Old 12-27-2008, 01:59 PM
SlamGangsta

lmao ^^^ True and True cheap paint streaks, you have to overlap very well on it to make it even. and if Im going to do 80% overlap and more than doubble the work to get it to cover. Ill buy more expensive paint lol
Old 12-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by TokyoHead
lmao ^^^ True and True cheap paint streaks, you have to overlap very well on it to make it even. and if Im going to do 80% overlap and more than doubble the work to get it to cover. Ill buy more expensive paint lol
Krylon flat black won't streak. You have to actually TRY to fuck it up for it to not come out perfectly flat and even.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:17 AM
SlamGangsta

lol okay sounds good...