The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Lakeland Speedway

Old 08-09-2008, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah its a shame. Lakeland Speedway had an auction today selling everything. The last race was last Saturday night. I was lucky enough to be on the team that won the last ever race at Lakeland speedway. My friend won the Advance Auto Parts Pro Truck 50 after starting 24th because being DQ'd in qualifying. I cant believe they are tearing down the track.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Bondsman

Are the only selling off the circle track or is it the whole property? I was told a while back that they are seperate
Old 08-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Bondsman

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
no
, Kinda figured as much! Someone told me there was a few trailered cars out there a couple weeks ago. I think they was full of crapolla.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:46 PM

Trailered Hondas...

CCCIS hasn't been the same in many years. The last "good time" I had there - we (read: Muscle Cars that *actually* raced) were attacked by literally 75+ ricers. Each of them with explicit light shows going off either inside or outside of their cars, ridiculous claims to "speed" and "power" and "my 4 banger can beat your Mustang" - etc, etc... So this is what ensued:

YouTube - Need2SpeeD: MiDiablo Schools Ricers...
Old 08-10-2008, 08:43 PM

A few years ago a bunch of my buds actually got togetehr and planned a motorsports themed sub division. Really, no BS, it was like a wagon wheel with a garage complex in the middle of the spokes. It had a 1/4 mile oval, drag strip and small autocross/road course/ kart track. It was based on those air parks where peole keep their planes so you don't piss anyone off. We estimated it would run about 100K per house and we'd need 20 houses to kick the project off. We could have done it, we should have done it.......
Just think, we coulda had cops that gave tickets for driving too slow!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:04 PM
I can fix your bullshit

[quote=blacksheep-1;5690036]A few years ago a bunch of my buds actually got togetehr and planned a motorsports themed sub division. Really, no BS, it was like a wagon wheel with a garage complex in the middle of the spokes. It had a 1/4 mile oval, drag strip and small autocross/road course/ kart track. It was based on those air parks

i wanna live there
Old 08-11-2008, 03:39 AM
Bondsman

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/d...t-closing.html
I thought this was true
Old 08-11-2008, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by blacksheep-1
A few years ago a bunch of my buds actually got togetehr and planned a motorsports themed sub division. Really, no BS, it was like a wagon wheel with a garage complex in the middle of the spokes. It had a 1/4 mile oval, drag strip and small autocross/road course/ kart track. It was based on those air parks where peole keep their planes so you don't piss anyone off. We estimated it would run about 100K per house and we'd need 20 houses to kick the project off. We could have done it, we should have done it.......
Just think, we coulda had cops that gave tickets for driving too slow!
I'm in. Where do I sign
Old 08-12-2008, 04:48 AM
DA Hottest 1 under da SUN

Originally Posted by GNs-r-slow
This is true the drag strip and mud boggs are under new ownership and will REMAIN open the only thing closed is the speedway next door to the track..this information came from the event cordinator for lakeland drag strip (Trish) i called her today to verify before everyone got to worked up about it I was upset myself because i owe her a pass and a beer there with the new motor

stick with me kid you'll go places..
"if you have to ask,you probably lack the testicular fortitude to do,the money to obtain it..and the skills to build it. just give up."
"Racing from a roll is like masturbation....its good...but its just not the real thing."
"Run your car not your mouth"
Old 08-13-2008, 03:03 AM
Bondsman

They cant keep closing tracks, there will be nowkere to go. Good to hear at least the strip is staying open.