Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

Pics of my second painted fender

Old 05-28-2008, 08:43 PM
refinish artist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my second painted fender

This is my second piece I finished up tonight.The color is amazing,it's a matilic blue that in bright light looks very bright blue but as the light darkens or changes it almost turns black.This thing was a mess,I started by repairing about 20 or so dings,primered with 2k filler primer then dry blocked with 320grit.Then reprimered with 2k,then wet sanded with 400grit.Layed three coats of blue base,then 4 wet coats of clear,all in Sherman Williams(got it free from the body shop manager so I can't complain)then took it home and worked some of my magic with a d/a and my trusty Dewalt buffer .Sorry for the crappy I-phone pics,one day I'll get somebody to take some good pics for me.I think this one came out better then the last one,almost perfect, but can't wait to start another.Still havent decided if I'm gonna do some graphics on it yet though.Let me know what ya think,thanks

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 05-28-2008, 08:55 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Looks hot Bri! pics in daylight fo sho!
Old 05-29-2008, 05:00 AM

Looks bitchin!
Old 05-29-2008, 07:16 AM
lives in a glass house

looks great. funny, someone gave me a gallon of s/w clear before. sprayed nice but was some stinky shit..but soft and easy to buff

when you have a lot of dings and dents like that, instead of 1st going over it with 2k have you ever tried slick sand? try coating the entire panel with that, block it with (whatever you like) then go over it with your 2k.that stuff fills WAY more and DOES NOT shrink like too much urethane build will.

anyway...looks great. your a wetsand/buffing fool!!

Originally Posted by cochese
Focus on getting that piece shit down the track, stop posting stories.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:32 PM
You Can't Moderate Me.

Shit looks good bro,Now get the whole car done!

Old 05-29-2008, 04:33 PM
refinish artist

Originally Posted by $hawn
looks great. funny, someone gave me a gallon of s/w clear before. sprayed nice but was some stinky shit..but soft and easy to buff

when you have a lot of dings and dents like that, instead of 1st going over it with 2k have you ever tried slick sand? try coating the entire panel with that, block it with (whatever you like) then go over it with your 2k.that stuff fills WAY more and DOES NOT shrink like too much urethane build will.

anyway...looks great. your a wetsand/buffing fool!!
It's funny you say that it stinks,I love the smell,I come home covered in sanded s/w clearcoat everyday

I havn't used alot of different products yet,I bought a gallon of Evercoat filler that I've practiced with on these two fenders I did,other than that I've never used any kind of body filler.I'm pretty supprised how well I've done with it seeing that alot of the dents and dings were on the body lines.Just took a alot of time blocking and hand feeling the curves till they felt really good then gave it a thick coat of primer and blocked it again.Thanks for the advise,I'll pick up a gallon of slick sand for the next one,I'm always appreciative and open to pointers and advise from you guys.Thanks man,sometimes I think I was born with a d/a in one hand and a buffer in the other I love it though,but this painting shit is pretty damn sweet too!!!

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 05-29-2008, 04:36 PM
refinish artist

Originally Posted by Skittle
Shit looks good bro,Now get the whole car done!
I wish I had the time bro,I got to do my brothers motorcycle parts next,along with sanding and buffing his Mustang out.thanks

Old 05-29-2008, 04:41 PM
refinish artist

Originally Posted by shinysideup
Looks hot Bri! pics in daylight fo sho!

Old 05-29-2008, 04:42 PM
refinish artist

Originally Posted by MiDiablo
Looks bitchin!
Allways appriciated dood.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:58 PM
lives in a glass house

some clear smells good just not the s/w!

u da man. I'm SKEEKD of a da with fresh paint. soft block, lots of water and a tired arm for me..lol

Originally Posted by cochese
Focus on getting that piece shit down the track, stop posting stories.