Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

Mothers Back to Black: Review

Old 05-17-2008, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mothers Back to Black: Review

First off, the bumper on my truck was oxidized like hell. Faded and made the truck look like crap. I decided to take some time and deoxidize it. Picked up some Mothers Back to Black deoxidizer today, which is only about $5bux a pop. I only put 3coats on it so far.

After about 3coats the visual difference is huge, just a little bit of oxidization here and there. One more coat will get rid of that, but overall this stuff works great.

Materials:

Before:

Applying:

After: (3coats and buffing)

Old 05-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Slow V6 Firebird

looks goood

Old 05-17-2008, 05:11 PM
slash

cool, i used that stuff on my xterra, about a month later it was looking about how it did before though.....i didnt do 3 coats though so i'd like a follow up on this to see if it last longer the way you did it.
TRick Squad Member #3
VicPrez of IttyBittyTittyCommittee

Old 05-17-2008, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sabotage
cool, i used that stuff on my xterra, about a month later it was looking about how it did before though.....i didnt do 3 coats though so i'd like a follow up on this to see if it last longer the way you did it.
I tried one coat but the plastic was too far oxidized, could see it very easily still. Took two more to get rid of most of it, a 4th one tomorrow should eliminate the problem all together. I hope this doesn't come off in a months time... if it does I may have to change my opinion on this stuff.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:01 PM

I used this stuff today too.. I only put on a single coat around my windows and other small plastic and plastic/rubber area's. It seemed to work decently im sure if i put more coating's of it on i would have noticed a better result, i also used the head light cleaner/polish stuff... didnt notice it doing much of anything at all though. My lights arnt hazed over or anything im probaly going to try them bolth again this weekend and use multiple coats of each. IMO the back to black is worth the buy.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:48 AM

It seems to be holding up well despite what I hear from others. Has been through two downpours and it doesn't seem to be washing off.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Team 'Petersburg Puller

it's only been like a week...update?

www.floridasportsman.com

Originally Posted by P057
"Wow I had a hard time understanding that... but from what I gather you found an open-box item that wasn't cheaper. You bought it anyways. You then called someone a dumbass while making fun of their misfortune of losing a job as you were leaving the store?

I'm surprised you were able to get out the store with that big "SUCKER" sign affixed to your back.
"
Old 05-30-2008, 12:05 PM
TRShops Administrator

+1^
06-07-2006 01:47 AMSlo_Siwhen the spinnin ends, the bullshit ends...
xbox 360 gamer tag slohatch93
Jap Tuned!!

Old 05-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Banned

Bro they're is other stuff on the market better then mothers, I used mothers on a few clients cars in the past and its good for the first couple of weeks then slightly fades back.

You need to try and check out www.autogeek.net and you'll find some reviews / what you'll want vs what you won't want.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:20 AM
Semi Dorifto..

Originally Posted by SCP_Celica
Bro they're is other stuff on the market better then mothers, I used mothers on a few clients cars in the past and its good for the first couple of weeks then slightly fades back.

You need to try and check out www.autogeek.net and you'll find some reviews / what you'll want vs what you won't want.
+1, I've used it on a lot of different things, it it always fades back within a few weeks. I haven't found anything that works the way I expect a "back to black" product to.