Drag Racing Don't like turns? Tech talk about drag racing and drag event discussions here

The Speed Show Pass Time Is Filming This Thurs/Fri & BMP Needs Racers / Spectators !

Old 12-11-2007, 05:03 AM
You can thank me later...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation The Speed Show Pass Time Is Filming This Thurs/Fri & BMP Needs Racers / Spectators !

Just got a call from the track manager at BMP and they need our help !

Speed is now going to film 16 episodes of the show Pass Time ( see info. below ) starting at 2:00 p.m. this Thursday ( Dec 13th ) and again the next day at the same time.

They are going to open the gates at 1:00 both days and film to 10:00 or 11:00 p.m. each night !

BMP needs spectators to make the stands look full, cars to be picked for the show, and contestants to be in the show trying to pick the e.t.'s..

If you want a good shot at being on the show get their early and this is where BMP really needs the help because they know they will have plenty of cars later in the evening.

One thing you must keep in mind. The show is picking all the cars to be in the show from the regular test and tune lines all day / night long. However you are not going to be able to make any runs until you have made your on air run so no one can see what your e.t. is. After that run you can go back in line and do what you like.

Finally there is no guarantee you are going to get many runs either night since the lines are only going to move as fast as the show tapes. So be patient and come enjoy watching a show being taped at your track.

The cost is $10 to spectate and another $10 for a tech card to go run.

Post up if you are going to come to try and get in the show to run, spectate, or try to be a contestant.

Here is the rest of the info. I posted a few weeks ago:

If you are not familiar with the show they set up a podium of three people by the side of the track and have these people guess what the car is going to run. The closest person wins. They had a few episodes earlier this year.

__________________________________________________ ____________

December 13 & 14.

The show's name is "PASS TIME"

"Name the time win the cash its that easy!"

The show is hosted by Brett "The Big Schwag" Wagner

Contestants compete against the our resident expert, Owner of Texas Chassis Works and PINKS ALL OUT technical advisor Kenneth Herring.

We will film 14 episodes meaning 140 drivers will have the opportunity be on TV. They will get to talk about there car and make a pass on National TV.

Spectators will also be able to play along and win cash too.

Rich Christensen the Executive Producer of PASS Time and the host of PINKS,Charles Hendrickson, technical advisor on PINKS.

The shows will air on SPEED.

-
PM or E-mail Me If you are Looking To Buy/Sell/Rent A Home.
Special TR Bonus For Using My Services.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:56 AM

i will be there both days with the stang never run her so it should be fun
Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 PM
ΔxΔp ≥ h

I am on the production staff for the shoot. Hope to see you all out there!
I posted this up in Gen and in Nissan Tech.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ph34r
I am on the production staff for the shoot. Hope to see you all out there!
I posted this up in Gen and in Nissan Tech.

I went out Thursday afternoon and sat in the staging lanes for 4 hours without moving. I was the only import (350z with TT & N20) out there that stuck around. I didn't get picked to run but they should of given me a shot because I run faster ET's than some of the muscle cars that ran and definitely faster than the smoke blowing diesel pick up.

I figured since it was on Nissan Tech I would give it a shot, but oh well.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:55 PM

^ no you wernt, i was there all day thursday and i ended up talking to the producer and he wanted to see my car run when he heard about it. so i was in the last episode thursday night, but it didnt end up taping because it was too late, so he told me to go back on friday and i did, and i was the first car in the episode they taped on friday. i would have tried to get you in if i saw another import! i think my car and a TT R32 were the only imports i saw lol

^ sold

Old 12-17-2007, 02:08 PM

I got there at 4pm on Thursday and left at 8pm. I was in staging lane 3 about 4 rows back from the front. I didn't see your car unless you were way in the back. I saw 3 Imports leave right when I got there but don't remember seeing your car. I left right after they filmed the 65 Mustang that the lady drove with the custom paint job.

Maybe I should of went back Friday and gave it another shot. My car was the white 350Z.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:59 PM

yea thursday we got there at about 2:30. we were in line actually past the staging lanes almost to where you pay to get in. i ended up talkin to the producer and he had me bring the car over where the bikes stage at. then we sat there about 7 hrs and had to come back friday lol. we left at about 1am. friday there was hardly anyone there. i got there at 3:30 on friday and left at 6

^ sold

Old 12-18-2007, 02:32 PM

i was there friday and got picked did my run and then went home.that shit was so unorganized.

Keeping and Carrying Arms for Self Defense is a Fundamental Civil Right. Stand Up!
"BUSINESS UP FRONT PARTY IN THE BACK"
medical marijuana

242 by blackmelissa15, on Flickr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Z17PzdYu0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pVqv25Tijo
Old 12-18-2007, 09:22 PM

^ yea it was, nice to meet ya though. howd you end up doin?

^ sold