GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

need help with a 99' cavalier wiring diagram for radio

Old 10-08-2007, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with a 99' cavalier wiring diagram for radio

someone fucked up putting the radio in my girls car... i need to know the wiring diagram for it.. i've been looking online for the past hour and cant find one for her car.. 1999 cavalier.. if anyone can post it up, or a site it'd be really nice.. thanks in advance..
Old 10-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Banned

Dude, it's a radio, it ain't that hard to figure out. Get a cheap V/O meter with a continuity setting if you're not sure where something goes, but really, what are you going to have? A constant power, an intermittent power, ground, antenna, and 4 sets of speaker wires. You can easily locate all of those connections with a V/O meter, probably in less time than it'd take to find a diagram.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Banned

Oh, depending on the radio, you might have a dimmer wire as well. Go pick up a wiring harness from the junk yard if someone cut it out and then butt splice the like wires together. If it's aftermarket, go get a wiring harness from any audio store and follow the color codes on the back of the package.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:55 PM

the power is the usual red-accessory (sometimes you have to hook it to the fuse box or sterring colume), yellow-constant, black-gnd, speaker are as follow wht left-pos, wht/blk gnd, gry rht-pos, gry/blk gnd, grn-lft rear pos, grn/blk-lft rear gnd, pur-rht rear pos, pur/blk-rht rear gnd
Old 10-17-2007, 11:51 AM
PSSHHH x2

Originally Posted by phillip
the power is the usual red-accessory (sometimes you have to hook it to the fuse box or sterring colume), yellow-constant, black-gnd, speaker are as follow wht left-pos, wht/blk gnd, gry rht-pos, gry/blk gnd, grn-lft rear pos, grn/blk-lft rear gnd, pur-rht rear pos, pur/blk-rht rear gnd
congratulations...you spent all of that time, and still didn't tell this kid how to hook up his radio. you just told him the generic new head unit color coding.

go to installdr.com and look up your car.
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...