General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Guns and Ammo is hidden in other stuff for sale the classifieds

Old 09-11-2008, 07:26 PM
The Right-Wing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KillTheNoise
Seriously, what is the reason for loud exhausts? And do you guys really not care about waking people up in the dead of the night?

All I have seen so far is immaturity, with folks telling me to "Deal with it" and others wanting to stalk me so they can come to my home and rev their engines.

As for the guy who stated that they had a neighbor with a dog that barks, the cops can, and will do something about it. Just give them a call, and I would also recommend calling the local Humane society.

Loud exhausts are disrespectful, unnecessary, and a literal hazard to your hearing and health.
NO THEY WONT, but thx for you not so helpful half-retarded troll input, ive called them before and ive called my HOA, and what the fuck is the humane society going to do? Are you fucking serious man? Shut the fuck up while your ahead.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:00 PM
cause the whistle goes...

i got a exhaust ticket tonight. i told the cop that my muffler was stolen tonight, and he asked if i had a police report filed. i told him no and he asked me why not, i told him i didnt like the exhaust anyway and i have a new one on the way. he gave me a 89 dollar ticket anyway, do i have any chance of getting out of this one?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:38 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

^nope lol

you cant prove it was stolen the night before.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:08 AM
isn't actually rich...

I'm one of those kids with the fart pipes lol (with a silencer though) and when I got pulled over the first time the cop mentioned it to me that it was illegal but didn't ticket me for it. He also checked my sound system, made sure all my lights worked, made me rev my engine for him, etc. Just one of those dick cops that was lookin for something to ticket me for. My pipe doesn't look as goofy as a lot of others I don't think but just gotta be careful... a lot of cops out there will try to get you for anything if your the stereotypical 16 year old kid with a loud civic.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:35 PM

I got a DC sports exhaust on my Civic. I get pull over cause it a 4" SS tip. It not as loud as many of these fart can exhaust, but you get pulled cause of the way it looks.

Maybe it time to paint it rust color..
Old 10-06-2008, 04:03 PM
SRT-4

Originally Posted by BAMF
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU

There is also nothing in this statute which says the officer has to use a decibel meter to measure your exhaust. It does not have to be louder than a certain decibel to be illegal. It simply has to be louder than stock. While the law instructs specific areas to set their own methods of measurement, it does not take a decibel meter to figure out if an exhaust is louder than stock.
Actually it does.

"Sound level" means the A-weighted sound pressure level measured with fast response using an instrument complying with the specification for sound level meters of the American National Standards Institute, Inc., or its successor bodies, except that only A-weighting and fast dynamic response need be provided.

Here's some info on A weighting. A-weighting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Banned

I've found that most cops don't enforce this law b/c it is a WASTE OF TIME. There is domestic violence, murder, robbery, rape, child molesting, goat sex--ROFLMAO-- etc to worry about.

Keep your self civilized with your aftermarket exhaust and you'll be alright. A clutch helps.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:02 AM
EFsquad

god damn there are some assholes on TR.

KilltheNoise is just trying to get across her point of view, and although i run open headers on ALL my cars. i agree completely, respect other people's acoustic space. dont fcuking wake people up in there homes and be dicks about your loud exhaust. THATS why retards get tickets for exhaust louder than stock.

i ran open header on my old high compression N/A civic all the time, for Pizza delivery in fact. i had been pulled over a ton of times b/c delivering anything in the ghetto gets the cops attention, but not once did i get an exhaust noise ticket, Why? not luck, not sweet talking the cops, its just NOT revving your motor and being an idiot where it affects people.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:06 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

^

your just a stupid as he or she is.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:10 PM

Default this is messed up

i got pulled over on causeway last saturday for having a modified exhaust and my exhaust is not even that loud it just has a deep noise to it anyway the cop just told me that no matter how loud it is if is modified then its illegal i think we should stand up for our rights and complain cuz its the only way their gonna get rid of this stupid ass laws

Quick Reply: Guns and Ammo is hidden in other stuff for sale the classifieds