Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric Paint?

Old 06-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Almost A Civilian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric Paint?

Anybody know if this is save for leather seats? I want to make my interior black (because I plan on painting the car black eventually) but I'm not sure about the seats. I've used it on cloth seats before with no problems.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:51 PM

ive never used duplicolor products for dye work, only SEMS which is available at CMK in clearwater. dying the panels is no big deal as long as they are prepped right and primed 1st. as for the seats, they can be done but its only a matter of time before the paint starts to crack, peel and show the true color underneath, but still, periodic touchups with a spray can is still cheaper than having the seats reupholstered
Old 09-24-2008, 06:00 AM
SRT-4

Post DupliColor on Vinyl

I used the duplicolor vinyl paint on my leather seats in my mitsubishi when I had it, and it did not do too well. I let it dry for two days, but when I got in it, the paint just rubbed off. I think it kind of coats it like rubber, it doesnt sink in and color into the fiber, but just coats it. I wouldnt reccommend using it on leather because it won't last long.

Hope this helps!

-Tim Mehaffey
Old 05-30-2009, 07:49 PM

im planning to make some experiment for my mazda car.. i hope it gonna looks better...

Old 05-31-2009, 01:01 AM
Thread TERRORIST

SEM or you're a cheap Jew.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:49 AM

Based on my experience, preparation is more important than application. I try to clean with mineral spirits,and then ammonia cleaner. So far adhesion is great.
And many people using this for their cars,all I can say that it is very effective.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

why the fuck does this thread get bumped every year. Fucking gravediggers.