General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

How serious is driving an unregistered car?

Old 11-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Eis Aner Oudeis Aner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How serious is driving an unregistered car?

Well I know its serious because I have to go to court now...

Ive heard from a lot of people that they usually just throw it out even the cop said just to get it registered and go to court and it would show good faith, blah blah blah...

Is it something I should get a lawyer for or just show up with my registration and hope they are nice?

Opinions are appreciated.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Old School.

Get it registered, bring your papers with you to court. Pay standard court fees and get lunch somewhere nice in downtown Tampa. If you attached a different tag to the car and got nailed for that, that's different.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:46 AM
NObama 2011

Originally Posted by Rich
Get it registered, bring your papers with you to court. Pay standard court fees and get lunch somewhere nice in downtown Tampa. If you attached a different tag to the car and got nailed for that, that's different.
+1

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech!!!

SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS SINCE BIRTH MEMBER #001

EITHER STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, OR PLEASE, STAND IN FRONT OF US. U.S.M.C. SNIPERS, ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Old 11-03-2005, 12:00 PM

^ hes completely right its not a big deal just go to court.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Eis Aner Oudeis Aner

Luckily he didnt give me a ticket for the tag, just driving an unregistered vehicle. The car was registered the next day after I got the ticket. All I have to bring is the registration and the receipt from getting it registered?
Old 11-03-2005, 12:03 PM

When i first bought my car, i drove it unregistered and without a tag. The cop gave me a couple of tickets and set a court date. While waiting for the court date, i got the car registered and everything. I went to court, and they dissmissed all the tickets and all i had to do was paying the court fees (about $250).
Old 11-03-2005, 03:05 PM
aka The Twanksta!

I guess i got lucky when i drove 100 miles from Tampa to Ocala doing 90-100MPH with no tag or ne thing on my Honda. Then I drove it around Ocala a lil bit, cuz I had to show my buddies. haha! Kinda stupid I know, but Im lucky I didnt get caught. Good luck with the court situation!

Visit Our Site - Presidential Automotive Detailing
Authorized CQuartz FINEST Installer
Old 11-03-2005, 03:09 PM
big turbo=little traction

yeah its not that bad.u'll probley end up paying some where around 350 mabye less for court costs and the fine total.just went through this not even 2 months ago with a diffrent tag on a unregisterd car and all i paid was 400 for errything.just bring the regestration and keep ur buthole tight for good measure.....wheres it at?tampa or hills
Old 11-03-2005, 03:11 PM
tampa car scene

You should be okay, you are really lucky that he did not nail you for the wrong tag.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:13 PM

ask jassoon he's had 2 tickets for this lol