Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

oppinions on ported E7's...

Old 09-19-2003, 11:13 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oppinions on ported E7's...

What are your idea's and oppinions on porting and doing a 5 angle valve job on E7 heads for my stang?
Sound good?
could be better if I just bought some AFR,Edelbrock or others?

Let me know how u feel about that procedure and if 600 bucks is worth doing it.That is the cost from Thumper Performance in like Jacksonville, although if my friend gets rid of his E7's I may just have someone locally do it for cheaper if at all possible.
also keep in mind I do not want to go crazy with airflow, this will be a project once I get my ECU and harness.

Chris
Old 09-20-2003, 04:01 AM
No Mam

Used Edelbrock 6037's can be had all day in the $6-700 range. Porting E7's is like putting perfume on a pig.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:21 AM
Daddy-O

Chris,
Talk to Joe @ Fordspeedabout his combination before spending the money on porting stock heads. he's got some an entire combo for a little more than that which will work well for you. He went mid 11s on motor with them
Old 09-20-2003, 09:02 AM
Shake n' Bake

instead of spending 600 on the e7's you could get some nice used heads like 6037's, they will also be alot lighter since they are aliminum and will have double coil springs, valves, and all that, but if you want to spend the money to port the e7's too the size of an aftermarket head, thats up too you.

Old 09-20-2003, 09:27 AM
The little 5.0 that could

ya chris, talk to joe, he's got some gt40p's ported and milled, will take a little work to get it all to sit right, but it wont cost ya more than 600 for sure!
Old 09-20-2003, 11:17 AM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

cool cool.
The reason I ask is cause Matt( Matt's50) showed me the website that talked about porting, it seems he is into that more than me and I thought it was a decent idea.
Like I said before, I read the power gains from them compared to 2 other diffrent heads, cant remember exactly what other two but im sure Matt will post the website when he reads the post here..

I will talk to Joe then.

And just a question, my friend just got a clutch put in his stang, its not a S.P.E.C I know that much and I dont exactly remember what he said it was but its nothing serious cause he has less mods than me but it was gonna cost him like 648 dollars or something to get the clutch, then put it in and put a new cable in also, that seems kinda steep to me, and I the only one?
Old 09-20-2003, 11:29 AM
Daddy-O

depends on the shop and the cost of the clutch, new flywheel, etc. labor on clutches is probably around 2-4 hours depending on the person and labor normally runs around 40-50 an hour.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Pro 5oh

no one said AFR????????????
Old 09-20-2003, 01:57 PM
The Freak

The website is www.thumperoforangepark.com . I am by far no professional (BY FAR) but ported E7's makes alot of sense to me. You get very good flow (when ported/polished properly) and VELOCITY! Plenty of a basis for 12's, I think. I also like cast over aluminum myself. Windsor Jr's are nice also IMO. AFR, Trickflow are Edelbrock awesome heads and flow better up, but on a very stock set-up and completely N/A, you're also gonna lose out on throttle response and torque because the velocity will be much less with bigger valves...right? Well anyone care to correct me, please do so.

Matt