Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

apexi auto timer

Old 03-12-2004, 07:23 PM
gadget man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apexi auto timer

this is some shit, the damned instructions for install suck.

I have an apexi turbo timer ( the pen sized timer ) and the instructions for hooking up to the ignition wires are

red to constatnt +12v
blue to ig2 output
green to ig1 output

now I know i ig output is probably run and one is start ( to tell the timer to start calculating for when veh is shut off ) but which color goes to which.

I have looked every where and everything says it is easy with the wiring harness....no fucking harness avail for honda. even the homepage is useless.

I don't want to hope and poke as the homepage says the unit can fry easily if shorted to ground.

if anyone has one of these and has wired it to there veh ( without the harness) please help.
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001

Old 03-12-2004, 07:55 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Have you tried taking a multimeter to the wires to determine which is which?
Old 03-13-2004, 01:44 PM
gadget man

I am waiting for the blitz sbc id and powermeter to arrive in the mail and then I am going to wire the timer, sbc, and shift light all at once ( only want to screw with wiring diagram on ecu one time ). the multimeter will only tell me which wires on my car get voltage in accessory, run, start, and constant +12. the problem is figuring out which of the two wires, green and blue, need to be hooked to which on my car. I.E. does the timer use a pulse from the starter wire to initialize and then sense when power is taken from run and then use an internal relay to keep the run circuit energized???? thats the problem how does this unit interpret signals.

I was going to hook it up on my test bench to a 12vdc power supply and a meter to see which wire turns the unit on and which wire sends out a voltage when I disconnect the first wire.

Fortunatly I was reading through some old issues of different car mags and found in the may 2003 hci they installed the timer into a mitsubishi or something and actually listed in the article to hook the blue to accessory and the green to run.

thanks for the effort though, but I got it now.
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001