Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

GSX-R 1000 Vs. TL1000R

Old 01-11-2004, 09:31 PM
TraumaInDHead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started off on a 00' gixxer 600...it scared the piss outta me many times.. just by the power.. even after riding the same bike for 3 years.. it still surprised me at times.. this busa.. surprises tha god shit outta me.. I'm glad I kept the 600 for so long... and I miss the 600 for the simple fact that it's light, agile and easier on economics(in my opinion) that a gixxer1000... and it's easiy as fuck to ride at slow speeds compared to this busa(or a TL) maybe it's bc it's older but.. it was a sweet fuggin bike.. Don't get me wrong, i love this busa but... holy crap its alot of power.... I don't know if I will ever be able to use it.. :o
Old 01-11-2004, 09:41 PM
TraumaInDHead

*ergonomics not economics... damn typos!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:31 AM
TraumaInDHead

gixxer 750 ran with R1 for many years and did so successfully.. that is all I should have to say.. I've not been fortunate enough to ride a 750... the two bikes I own and cruisers.. I'll telll you how sick a 1000 is in a couple days.. getta go break my bro in laws bike in the right way..
Old 01-12-2004, 02:54 AM
Me angry, you cry

Even a 600 SS bike is too much for many beginners. Why are you looking at getting a 1000 or modded 750??? I started out on a Gixxer 600. Just like UrbanGixxer this bike has scared the shit out of me and still does sometimes. You have no idea the power these bikes make. You seriously do not need a 1000cc or a modded 750cc bike.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:19 AM

I can't believe i didn't think of this earlier!!!!!!!!

Ok, you want something for an everyday rider, so that means it has to be ergonomically comfortable. You want that throghty(sp) 2-stroke sound. You want something new yet not too expensive. And last but certainly not least you want something that looks good.

My friend let me introduce you to the '03 suzuki sv650. This is perfect for what you are looking for. Great torque for all kinds of city riding and good on long stretches. Better ergonomics than say a 750--your in a more upright position which takes the stress off your shoulders and wrists. This bike is extremely agile. You get the awsome 2-stroke sound, and its easily tunable for upgrading for more performance. I like the fact that it comes as a half naked bike which i love. If you don't like that, there are some very cool looking bottom fairings that are realatively cheap to put on it. The best part about all this is that it is not an expensive bike so you don't have to worry so much about laying it down. Go by a dealership and check one out, you just may fall in love. As a matter of fact i would have bought one but i'm just not that keen about a suzuki, but if you like suzuki you'll love this bike.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:08 AM

Originally posted by tampamax
I can't believe i didn't think of this earlier!!!!!!!!

Ok, you want something for an everyday rider, so that means it has to be ergonomically comfortable. You want that throghty(sp) 2-stroke sound. You want something new yet not too expensive. And last but certainly not least you want something that looks good.

My friend let me introduce you to the '03 suzuki sv650. This is perfect for what you are looking for. Great torque for all kinds of city riding and good on long stretches. Better ergonomics than say a 750--your in a more upright position which takes the stress off your shoulders and wrists. This bike is extremely agile. You get the awsome 2-stroke sound, and its easily tunable for upgrading for more performance. I like the fact that it comes as a half naked bike which i love. If you don't like that, there are some very cool looking bottom fairings that are realatively cheap to put on it. The best part about all this is that it is not an expensive bike so you don't have to worry so much about laying it down. Go by a dealership and check one out, you just may fall in love. As a matter of fact i would have bought one but i'm just not that keen about a suzuki, but if you like suzuki you'll love this bike.
That is an excellent idea but I have a feeling it is not going to be fast enough for him........
Old 01-12-2004, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by 954RR
That is an excellent idea but I have a feeling it is not going to be fast enough for him........

I think the tq will more than make up for the top end, besides i'm sure a sneaky pete would suffice for the high speed runs. That'll put him up there with the big boys. On another note the sv should have enough low end grunt to pull that front wheel off the ground in second without having to clutch up. That's why one should always test drive before they buy to be sure.

All in all i think that sv650 looks hawt and is a kick to play with from what i hear. Check out the forums for the sv, i'm sure they are out there.