Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

GSX-R 1000 Vs. TL1000R

Old 01-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Wheres the damn detonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True the Tiller is a heavier bike, and it may not be as fast. But that damn rumbling sound does it for me... Just remember it is not a GSXR, so it also depends on your riding style on which one you would like more.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Old 01-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Me angry, you cry

I don't think the TL is lighter than the Gixxer.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:32 PM
TraumaInDHead

TL weighs nearly same as the busa... 450 or around that... dry...
Old 01-11-2004, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by Penis
Hmm thought it would be. Eh not a big deal I guess. I mean im getting a 1000cc bike, its not going to be light.
You know very little about bikes to be wanting a 1000cc bike.......
Old 01-11-2004, 03:31 PM
bad ass fonzie

Originally posted by 954RR
You know very little about bikes to be wanting a 1000cc bike.......

Um yeah thats why im posting here. So I can know about them. Im sure at one point in time you didnt know anything about bikes aswell. Thanks for your opinion.
Old 01-11-2004, 07:06 PM

Originally posted by sloaccord
Um yeah thats why im posting here. So I can know about them. Im sure at one point in time you didnt know anything about bikes aswell. Thanks for your opinion.
True, but I went out and bought a used 600cc bike. I didn't go around message boards asking about 1000cc bikes and "which one is faster".
Old 01-11-2004, 08:14 PM

Originally posted by sloaccord

Listen bro, these guys aren't jumping your case cause your asking questions, although at times it sure seems like it. It just that all of the riders that have made it past their first couple bikes or first riding year realize something that a person that is new bikes just can't realize yet. It takes some time to sink in that the difference between a full litre bike and a 600 is almost night and day to almost anybody. And after riding in the unforgiving traffic, especially around here, we KNOW it is very difficult for someone that is unfamiliar with street bikes to just hop on one and be able to ride without getting seriously hurt or killed.
We're just looking out for the less experienced. Hell, i've had bikes for almost 4 yr and i still know that i don't know enough. The main concearn is that you would be jumping on a seriously high powered bike and riding in an unfamiliar and dangerous environment.---when you go into the military and they train you with a weapon, they would be insane to start you out with a high power m60 or larger. No, they start you out at the m16/ar15 or maybe even smaller till you understand how the gun will react.---This is the exact same thing. You could ride the bigger bikes, but would you know what to do in an emergency, are you sure you know the limitations of the bike and your skill, are you prepared to drop down some serious coinage for repairs if you do grop it(the bigger the bikes generally the larger the repair bill).
Now, if you do get a large bike first, all the above i spoke of now compounds and multiplies upon itself because you will definately be addicted to the speed. I was speaking earlier of just riding around like a normal average driver should, but we all know that wont be happening. So if you get the bigger bike and start pushing the envlope it is almost certain you will end up doing something you can't undo, go back and fix, or change in any fashion.<--i'm not only speaking of your health and safty, but of the others around you that might be affected by your foolishness if you were to push to hard.

Think long and hard about what you really need for you first experience on a bike. Would you rather have something that is relatively inexpensive, forgiving, cheap to fix, something you don't have to be worried about if you lay it down, to play around on till you build upon your riding skills.
Or would you want to pay way to much for a bike that you can't control, that you end up having to spend a lot of money fixing because you were trying to showoff to your boys.

Not trying to say that you can't have a big bike for your first, its just not the prudent choice that's all.

Last edited by tampamax; 01-11-2004 at 08:19 PM.