General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Ariel Atom vs. FFR GTM

Old 10-28-2007, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

atom is just a badass fun toy i think. I would love to have one to play with.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Wheres the damn detonator

I would rock the atom like there is no tomorrow. Both are bad ass, but the atom has to be an agile, quick piece of work. Plus the open air cabin would be nice here in florida. I would drive that thing naked all year

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Old 10-28-2007, 11:58 AM
HONDAMIKE.COM

What about the Javan R1 Javan Sports Cars, R1 Sports Car, Cornwall, UK
The R1
The aerospace designed and manufactured epoxy bonded aluminium honeycomb monocoque for extreme lightness and strength. Fitted with computer designed race car inspired suspension.

A most exclusive, exhilarating and satisfying driving instrument for road or track, featuring outstanding build quality throughout.

Mid mounted 2 litre 4 cylinder i-VTEC DOHC engine developing 220bhp and revving to 8600rpm coupled with a six speed gearbox.

Options include launch control and supercharging.

Weight 670kgs
0-62mph (100kph) 3.6 seconds
0-100mph (160kph) 9.8 seconds
Standing ¼ mile 12.2 seconds
Top speed 155mph

UK BASE PRICE AROUND £22,000.00 plus engine/gearbox and VAT.

A choice of engine options is available GM Saturn "2Ltr Supercharged 205 bhp (New) or Honda iVetec 220bhp, Subaru 250bhp. (All bhp figures are approximate and depend on final mapping)

Typical OTR Price £30,000.00 Each Javan R1 is built to order only, to our clients own specifications

| Privacy Policy |

"THE REAL HONDAMIKE" ASE Master Technician
"Imitation is the highest form of flattery", but clones can get it wrong because we are promoting individuality and being proud of yourself.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:16 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Originally Posted by Aoshi
Um, this isn't a f-body were talking about here. The engine is extremely open with the rear bodywork open.And putting a iron block engine would be quite possibly the most retarded thing you could do in a car like this, it probably be forced to drive there and crash into it.
Seriously? Google wouldnt give me consistent numbers, but including flywheel, transmission, etc. for both its not more than 20-30 lbs over.

Oh, and chilllll the original used a blown k20 with 300hp, and yeah it was a bit slower then the carrera gt. But now they're using the chevy drivetrain from what, the cobalt? Gross. But then again, you can always just ask chevy how to get 600hp out of it.
I believe it came with 200 and you can ask Chevy for up to 1000

Oh yeah, and if I were building a GTM, I'd integrate a last-gen f-body SS style spoiler into it to fill the gap

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 10-28-2007, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Orion ZyGarian
Seriously? Google wouldnt give me consistent numbers, but including flywheel, transmission, etc. for both its not more than 20-30 lbs over.

I believe it came with 200 and you can ask Chevy for up to 1000

Oh yeah, and if I were building a GTM, I'd integrate a last-gen f-body SS style spoiler into it to fill the gap
Well you have to think that your using a porsche 996 transaxle, not a t56 or something here. Also, if your gonna fill the gap, do it like the koenigsegg.

Either way, I think I may end up building a cobra from ffr, it'll actually be affordable much sooner than the gtm would.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Mazderator

Blame the declining value of the dollar for the high price of the atom... if you lived in Europe you could be sporting an atom for around 40k
Old 10-28-2007, 07:46 PM

I think an Atom would take as long to arrive as a GTM would to build. The main problem with the GTM is kit car quality is never anything like OEM. I've seen some ugly GTM gaps. :\
Old 10-28-2007, 08:24 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Originally Posted by Troux
I think an Atom would take as long to arrive as a GTM would to build. The main problem with the GTM is kit car quality is never anything like OEM. I've seen some ugly GTM gaps. :\
It'll only be as good as you build it But yes you are right to a point.

I forgot that it used a 996 transaxle...which is funny because thats what takes up most of the engine bay photos in longitudinal rear engine setups

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 10-29-2007, 06:52 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Come on now Orion - you don't actually believe all this stuff you write do you?

I'd also use a different, nameless, heavier engine instead of the badass LSx series, because I like being able to work on stuff in the engine bay. Also because inline 6exs are where its at
For one - in line 6 probably would not fit - you need a company design - which most in lines are not - yeah thin - but long.

It'll only be as good as you build it But yes you are right to a point.

I forgot that it used a 996 transaxle...which is funny because thats what takes up most of the engine bay photos in longitudinal rear engine setups

Last edited by g-50Cab; 10-29-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:12 AM
I race sailboats

I was looking into the Atom today, I was bored and have a killer headache. But like, I figured it would be decently priced, so I signed up at their website and started looking at the cost to build on, and omfg. It gets up to 70k instantly. granted it provides everything to build it, its still just stupid. But, 1150lbs dry weight, I think, and 300hp, but that was the original. The Atom 2 has the gm powertrain, and starts at like 200whp, and for like 5500 more it jumps to 245whp.
When I built my Atom on their older website I got the price to a little over 80k with the full carbon fiber body panel option, 300bhp supercharged ecotec, racing brake kit, full race suspension, etc etc etc.

If I had it I would have bought it. I do wish I could find one with the blown type r motor though, just so I could rock an atom and VTAK

BLACK FENDER PART OUT