Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

I am UPSET!!!

Old 12-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am UPSET!!!

I am just sick of the small problems I am having with this car, that is why I was so quick to put it up for sale. I really dont think I can sell this car after all the time and money I have put in, and I love this car, but I am just sick of the small things.

I just noticed this yesterday at work, havent even driven the car a week and a half and I see this...

and

Yes this is an AN-R header with the merge collector. I was thinking, since that was cracked, let me check the rest of the header, and sure enough, right before the merge collector I see this...

That just looks terrible, It appears that that peice was not even welded. I am very disappointed in this header right now. I have sent them an email, with these pics so lets see what they say.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:06 AM
Too Much is ALMOST Enough

damn that really sucks, what other lil problems have you had?
Old 12-30-2004, 08:19 AM
Retired Street Racer

Originally posted by hondatyper
damn that really sucks, what other lil problems have you had?
1. My radiator was leaking, finally found where it was leaking from and fixed that.

2. My tach on my CTR cluster is going nuts, it goes all over the place, and sometimes when I driving it just read no rpms.

3. I need a new driver side mount.

Its a bunch more little things.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:23 AM

Sounds like my car, That is why I am selling my car. DAMN little stuff drives me nuts!! But my car is older so it is expected. Godd luck with that, and damn I would think if you paid that much money for that header it at least wouldnt fucking crack, they musta had ssautochrome make those headers for them.

-Braxton
Old 12-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Certified since '85

Ryan give me a call.............problems like this come with modding cars man, if everything was made to run smoothly with no problems we would all have 10 sec cars.......keep ya head up man

TR Hydroponics Abuser #36329
J a s o0o n: i need to get piss ass shit face fuck bag bitch ass drunk god damn
Old 12-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Retired Street Racer

Originally posted by brax90si
Sounds like my car, That is why I am selling my car. DAMN little stuff drives me nuts!! But my car is older so it is expected. Godd luck with that, and damn I would think if you paid that much money for that header it at least wouldnt fucking crack, they musta had ssautochrome make those headers for them.

-Braxton
thanks, but I know they fabricate the headers in house, and they used to make them with 18 guage steel, and this header, I have, is with 16 guage steel.

Andrew, from AN-R.com, just called me and he said he will take care of everything, I sent them an email about 2 hours ago and they already got in touch with me, there in Cali. He said they will pay for shipping and everything, so that is good news.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:55 AM
Retired Street Racer

Originally posted by mugenkid05
Ryan give me a call.............problems like this come with modding cars man, if everything was made to run smoothly with no problems we would all have 10 sec cars.......keep ya head up man
I know I would eventually run into a problem, but DAMN, 6 days after tha car is running. When I saw this header cracked, I just about cracked myself.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Certified since '85

If mine does that when it gets here i know i would be just as pissed......but good to hear they are already takin care of it.......you need a stock exhaust manifold or anything let me kow i got one sittin here collecting dust

TR Hydroponics Abuser #36329
J a s o0o n: i need to get piss ass shit face fuck bag bitch ass drunk god damn
Old 12-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Retired Street Racer

Originally posted by mugenkid05
If mine does that when it gets here i know i would be just as pissed......but good to hear they are already takin care of it.......you need a stock exhaust manifold or anything let me kow i got one sittin here collecting dust
I need the stock header and a test pipe if anyone has one, and a big box!!
Old 12-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Allan works as well

Originally posted by BigBodySmith
I need the stock header and a test pipe if anyone has one, and a big box!!
I know this girl who has a big box! Oh wait your talking about a real box like for packing.
Sorry to hear about the header, but at least they are standing by their product and stepping up to fix the problem unlike alot of company's out there