Drifting The art of going sideways

drift clinic

Old 05-03-2004, 11:37 AM
Jamesessesess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drift clinic

I just wanted to say how proud i am of ALL who participated in sundays event. We all went there to get our seat time in, and did exatcly that. Met a lot of nice people from the other coast, and some from inglewood(sorry if i spelt that wrong) Found a lot of talent out there. I had a blast. So i have some battle damage. I really owned my car in the end. But wow, I just wanted to thank Tony, Combustion Inc. and every one else who let me have the opportunity to go out there and have some fun. I can't wait for future events!.

ok heres a pic of the damage!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
jamie's yoshio car 008.jpg (134.1 KB, 965 views)
Old 05-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Jamesessesess

the back end...

i really shouldnt get ahead of myself, when those taillights are involved... But the only way you learn, is going out there and trying...you learn from your mistakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
jamie's yoshio car 009.jpg (112.3 KB, 1027 views)
Old 05-03-2004, 11:44 AM
yea sweet lemonade

heheh, i think your car looks better now, i had a blast too, alot of pent up frustration cam e out in a absolutly crazy desplay of tire smoking maddness. and once again my car wouldn't die. i had fun and will not miss any drift event ever!!
Old 05-03-2004, 11:49 AM
5 Foot Fury

You hit it again (+ the lights)? That sucks dude, but I'm glad you had fun. You definitely did well and improved. I'd just rather get some seat time in without a wall in my way since I've only practiced twice. Which I plan to do very soon. I didn't meet Jose, but he was probably a nice guy. IMO I don't like Tony because he talked shit about me behind my back and in my ear. I don't tolerate people who claim to be "for the drivers" when they talk shit about a potential driver. Don't forget to mention the one dude that practically totalled his car!!! He was pretty upset. Sucks for him.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Jamesessesess

im telling you bill, i cant wait...i cant...

Frustration = understandable...stupid radiator...fan thingy

but bill, no matter how many times i say how unbelievable you look out there...i just want to say it time and time again. Its so cool that we get to go out there and do that
Old 05-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Jamesessesess

it sux if you look at it like it sux...

It doesnt suck if you look at it like...wow, that was a blast, now i know what not to do...theres a difference between going out their full knowing what the consequences are and trying it, and dealing with it(i.e me) then not..

But that guy had a blast i talked to him during the whole event. As he talked to me after i bananad mine

either way it was a lot of fun being had
Old 05-03-2004, 11:53 AM
yea sweet lemonade

i think next time i'm gonna ride with you so i can see first hand this thing called no ho's drift!!!! don't worry about your car, i got that covered!!
Old 05-03-2004, 11:54 AM
5 Foot Fury

I was just commenting that he seemed upset since he threw his helmet when he came back from the accident. It sucks for him because now he has to buy a new chassis. That's all I meant. I wouldn't have the money for a new chassis. That's cool if he does. I was just bummed since you just paid for a paint job. Not a big deal though since it isn't my car. Also why I'm rethinking doing anything cosmetic to my car if i'm going to be drifting it.

PS- At least you're finally living up to your name!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Jamesessesess

some where i heard (drifting isnt about crashing.

Drifting is about FUN, drifting, is going out there to practice and improve, to crash if it happens and to learn from it. Drifting, is beautiful, when everyones out there on their toes...barely breathing...because the insaneness in their vision.

Practice, is learning.. I went out there to learn my lsd, and i did, i've become a lot more comfortable with my car, I have made my car into what it is, looks arent everything remember. And to be quite honest i feel like such a badass driving it. Godamn my car is cool, all hatchett faced out. But who knows.. maybe it just might work for me. Maybe i'll over look it. Maybe, i'll keep learning, instead of standing with my feet burried in the ground...maybe i'll be ready for an sr one day...or more. Till then , I will tell you, I will be at any and all the events i can sink my car into. I yearn to learn baby... and damn it feels good

lol
james
Old 05-03-2004, 12:07 PM
5 Foot Fury

That's awesome. I'm sure it feels good not having to worry if you wreck your car. I wish I had that comfort. I just hope you're not saying because I didn't participate this weekend I don't want to learn.