General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

My car wont turn left....

Old 09-19-2010, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car wont turn left....

No clue whats going on with my car. Its an '01 Eclipse and last Sunday I was trying to get out of my parking spot at Walmart and the car wouldnt turn left at all!!! But it would turn right and when it did, there was like an "air" noise coming from the tire area and it was a "pshhhhh" noise. Like it sounds like one of my tires is leaking air massively. Anyways, I bring the car to my brother and he took the power steering belt off. The car turns both directions, no noise - just kinda hard to turn because Im not used to having no power steering. Anyways, he replaces the power steering pump, puts the belt back on and it drives fine for 2 days. Totally took a shit on me again yesterday. Same issue. Cant turn left, When I turn right it makes that dam noise... Except now, when I turn right the wheel wants to keep circling because it wont straighten out. Idk what to do... Im just so dam aggravated and frustrated. I talked to a few people and they said it sounds like the Rack And Pinion. Any suggestions? Help!!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Feel teh rally bishes!

Yup, sounds like a rack and pinion. Change it out and report back.

1992 GTS 3sgte from hell! // 1990 GT liftback Stock 3sgte
Old 09-19-2010, 07:50 PM

Thanks GT4SOM. Will call around and get one tomorrow. I will be back
Old 09-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered Hater

No NASCAR racing for you.

Honda builds go from yay to gay in the matter of a K.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:06 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

sounds like you have a problem, your car is a mitsubishi, try replacing it.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:36 PM
5 Cylinders Of Fury

Your brother had no clue either if he thought it was the PS pump instead of the steering rack, lol.

Crazy Camber, Stretch & Poke; its the new triple-stack-bleacher-wing ricer fad that's all the rage nowadays, lol
Old 09-20-2010, 05:46 AM
lol wut?

Originally Posted by jrenner
No clue whats going on with my car. Its an '01 Eclipse and last Sunday I was trying to get out of my parking spot at Walmart and the car wouldnt turn left at all!!! But it would turn right and when it did, there was like an "air" noise coming from the tire area and it was a "pshhhhh" noise. Like it sounds like one of my tires is leaking air massively. Anyways, I bring the car to my brother and he took the power steering belt off. The car turns both directions, no noise - just kinda hard to turn because Im not used to having no power steering. Anyways, he replaces the power steering pump, puts the belt back on and it drives fine for 2 days. Totally took a shit on me again yesterday. Same issue. Cant turn left, When I turn right it makes that dam noise... Except now, when I turn right the wheel wants to keep circling because it wont straighten out. Idk what to do... Im just so dam aggravated and frustrated. I talked to a few people and they said it sounds like the Rack And Pinion. Any suggestions? Help!!

Sounds to me while you were shopping, someone installed a super rare JDM turbo onto your car. Fuck RHD car your car is RHT (right hand turn). I say keep it just the way it is and sell it as a RHT converted car.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Single Turbod!!

Just move to Jersey and you will be fine...

Car videos on my YouTube Channel (Subscribe please!):
http://www.youtube.com/user/FDfranklin
Old 09-20-2010, 07:06 AM
likes minute rice

Originally Posted by GT4SOM
Yup, sounds like a rack and pinion. Change it out and report back.
+1
Old 09-20-2010, 08:18 PM

HaHa... Good laugh guys. My brothers not a mechanic, hes just trying to help me out with what little he knows. Ive googled this issue for hours and couldnt find anything...

Ozzy1 - I love the sig!!