For Sale/WTB Nissan Strictly Nissan related For Sale/WTB

*BEFORE YOU MAKE A THREAD PLEASE READ: For Sale Guidelines*

Old 03-04-2007, 12:45 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *BEFORE YOU MAKE A THREAD PLEASE READ: For Sale Guidelines*

In efforts to keep things smooth, I figured to cover some options to help your sales go better and to keep everything organized.

*******************THIS IS NISSAN SPECIFIC*******************************

*** Do not just post a link to your add posted somewhere else. Selling here is free and a privilege. You will take the minimal time it takes to post your complete add here if you want to sell here.

Also you will add asking prices. They are your parts and no one knows the condition and what you are willing to part with for better than. So just post a asking price.

#1. It is recommended if you are selling multiple parts, to please list them all in one thread. List the title as appropriate, something along the lines of what car, years, or engines it/they are for. If you are selling parts that are universal or fit multiple cars, include Misc., Universal, or something along those lines to let everyone know that you have a boatload of parts for sale.

-------------------------

#2. As you sell, please update your original post. You may choose to post in your own thread that you have sold something, but please edit the original list. This keeps people from digging up old threads asking if that part you had for sale 2 years ago is still around. If you sell everything, just edit the first post to say 'all sold' or make sure you post in the thread somewhere saying all parts are sold. There's no way all of us moderators can go find every thread and lock after things are sold, plus it just looks junky to have alot of locked threads. If you decide not to sell something, please delete it or ask a moderator to do so.

-------------------------

#3. TTT and bumping threads. This isn't the Honda FS, and count yourself lucky it isn't like that yet. It does move fairly fast, but let's try not to TTT it once an hour. General rule of thumb is to only TTT it when it gets bumped off the first page. I generally will read at least page 1 and 2 since things move fast, and I don't check on FS threads all day everyday. And yes, I know depending on your forum settings, you may have listing 30 threads or a different # per page, but I think I use 30. So if your post is 20-30 threads back, you may TTT it. TTT when updating prices and items/sold are okay. Bumping someone for being a good seller is OK, vouching helps their rep selling.

--------------------------

#4. Try to include an organized list in your thread. I try to keep it simple, but a good guideline could be like this:

Item: This should be what it would say on a dealer's site. Short and sweet.

Description: This is where it gets longer. Be sure to include quantity, especially with wheels (pair = 2, set = 4).

Fit (chassis, year, model, engine, etc): Try to be as descriptive as possible.

Condition: Obviously this is subjective, but try to be fair. Body parts have physical and paint conditions, as do wheels, be sure to include wear spots or areas that need attention and might have an impact on your price.

Price: No brainer. There is no guideline for setting prices, I always try to start as high as I REASONABLY can, and leave the OBO/haggling to the buyer. Over time, if a part isn't selling, lowering the price always helps. (TIP: including the price you bought it for, whether it was new or used, helps alot, especially when combined with a good condition statement, might sway someone to buy an "almost new/mint" part that is selling slightly less than new.)

Contact Info: It's best to include where you want your contacts. PMs work best if you check the forums daily, easiest for first come first serve as well, since PMs are dated/timed. Or specify a good email to use. Being this forum is mostly local, you don't really have to include any shipping info, but I sometimes will specify that I won't ship a large part or something heavy. That's mostly a buyer/seller case-by-case arrangement.

-----------------------------

#5. PICTURES ALWAYS HELP!!!

#6. Please title the thread accordingly. Refer to #1 above, and try to keep it short and sweet. You don't have to include FS: since this is a For Sale forum, but if you are looking for parts, please include a WTB: (Wanting to Buy) before what you need in the title. Try not to use dashes, stars, arrows, and gibberish either. You might get more attention, but it won't always help you sell.

#7. Please keep flaming to non existant, as always. If you are not inquiring on the part, please keep out of the thread. You do not have any right to complain about a price unless you are the one bargaining the price.

#8. Use TRader Ratings honestly. This helps others look and see how things are going with a Seller/Buyer. Do not air your hate on the board. If there is someone you suspect of dealing in stolen parts, please PM and Admin, and they'll watch over/take it from there (but without proof, there isn't alot we can do). If your beef is with a shop, refer to TR Shop Forums, if they are in there, or take it up with them yourself. (Everyone, even shops, can make mistakes.)

#9 You may not list humans/humanoids owned or not owned personally by you for sale. Clones, genetically modified, or subhuman still qualify. (this rule does not apply to the girl in dan, the moderators avatar gif)

Please PM a moderator if you know any other good tidbits to include here, as I just threw this together quickly.

Last edited by Tom N; 02-25-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Retired

Default Nissan For Sale - Rules for Replies

Nissan For Sale has been going down the tubes since it was started several years ago. It's almost impossible to actually conduct business here anymore. Here are the new rules for posting in this section.

What we're looking for:
- Feel free to make offers and ask about price flexibility. "will you take $100", "what's the lowest you'll go", "let me know that's a firm price".

- Feel free to bump yours or someone else's thread with a simple "bump" or "ttt".

- If you've used something similar or have owned in the past, you're welcome to post something positive about it. "Yeah, I have Megan Streets on my car and they ride great!".

- Vouches. If you bought something from the seller and had a good experience, it is OK to post that. A simple "bump for good seller" is appropriate. A 5 paragraph essay detailing your transaction is not.

- Asking for more info. People forget to list things or are in a hurry. It's fine to ask for more details on what they're selling.

What we're now discouraging:
- Comments like "that's priced way too high", or "you'll never get that much for it". If you see something priced high, if you're not looking to buy at a reasonable price, then you should NOT be posting in that thread. If it is priced too high, the seller won't get any interest and will probably drop the price without you berating him/her.

- Debating subjective descriptions. If something is described as "awesome", "dumped", "clean" and you think it isn't, don't even think about posting a response. Put down the keyboard, Simon Cowell. This is NOT American Idol.

- Random comments or tangents. "hey, when are we going to such-and-such" comments don't belong in FS threads. Send it via PM. Also, "wish I was 5-lug", "too bad I don't have a coupe", etc simply don't help anyone.

- Any personal attacks. This is anything between "idiot" and a full fledged scammer witch hunt. Keep negative comments to yourself. This also includes nonsense threads where the post is basically unreadable or unpunctuated. These people will figure it out on their own when no one responds.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 PM
kings cannot fall.

just want to post here and highlight this again.
hey guys, follow these rules, because im pretty much going to make sure all of these are followed.
simple rule- if you arent personally going to buy the item, there is no reason for you to post in the thread.
if its too expensive- nobody will probably buy it. or maybe someone will. either way, not your problem.

if someones a scammer or something of that nature, shared_pm me, and ill look into it.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Blah Blah Blah

edited
Old 11-30-2010, 07:53 AM
no

Default NEW F/S, WTB thread guidelines. ALL USERS READ

There has also been an alarming number of users posting multiple f/s threads selling the same thing or posting multiple threads selling different items. This is completely unacceptable. If you are selling multiple items post them in one consolidated f/s thread post and post what you are looking for in trade. It's ridiculous to see the first page of f/s littered with threads from the same shared_user. If you have more items f/s UPDATE your old thread and shared_pm me if need be to change the title, I have no problem doing that.

I'm going to enact a new one warning/zero tolerance policy when I see this happening from now on.

I'm not going to call any names out, but you know who you are.

The first warning will consist of your existing duplicate threads consolidated into one and PM from yours truly letting you know that it's becoming a nuisance.

AFTER THAT I WILL DELETE THEM, WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED. You will see: Reason for deletion: read f/s guidelines

I'd also like to re-iterate on some other points of question.

False advertising will not be tolerated. An example of this would be: If a part is made for a specific vehicle and you advertise it as fitting another vehicles (when in fact it doesn't) you will be asked to edit your post. If not, your thread will be closed.

BUMP OR BUY, keep your petty arguments to PM's and don't clog up other peoples f/s threads.

Pricing: If you don't like the price, make an offer. Don't bash the seller.

Responses: If you have no intention to purchase the product. Think very hard before you reply and ask yourself a few questions.

1. Is my post going to benefit the sale?
2. Is my post going to correct wrong information?
3. Am I posting just to post?

Flaming: Almost everyone on this forum including myself is guilty of it. It needs to stop. If a seller is completely clueless to selling something offer words of advice, don't patronize them. This also goes for "price gouging" sellers.

Finally, nobody cares how much you, your uncle, your brother, your cousin, or anyone else that you you know paid for something. FS threads are here for people to sell their items. If I see ANY post "we'll I paid this much for this from so and so" or "I got these last week for blank" I will delete it.

Exceptions to the above scenario include: A seller selling an obviously used part for $400 when in reality it costs $200 NEW. Only then will I let it slide.

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Last edited by mewantkouki; 11-30-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

So Tampa Racing reset the counter and mercy sakes! AUG 31 2016, Another record set for number of readers on Tampa Racing at the same time: 2,523!

What's Going On?

Currently Active Users
There are currently 530 users online. 1 member and 529 guests.
Most users ever online was 2,523, Yesterday 31 AUG 2016, at 09:17 PM.
Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s) click here for the BEST listing of car events between Jacksonville and Miami...
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/forum.php and scroll down

65 people are reading General car chat and you can too by clicking:
General Car Chat

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/

Old 10-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

For anyone going to Hot Import Nights type the code HOT in any promo code box.
Feel free to pass this around.

The best deal for Hot Import Nights is 4 spectator tickets for $31.96
1. Go to this link https://hin.webconnex.com/tampatickets2016
2. put a 4 in the box under ticket options and the price will drop to $10 each
3. It will say convenience fee $11.96 and total will be $51.96 for 4 tickets ($40 for 4 tickets + 11.96= 51.96)
4. Type HOT in capital letters in the promo code box and click apply to
deduct $20 and the total will drop to $31.96
4 tickets for $31.96........ is almost 1/2 of the original $60.....at (4 X $15 each).
When 3,000 tickets are sold, the price will change, but typing HOT in the promo code
will always save $5 per ticket.

To buy only one $15 spectator ticket........
1. Go to this link https://hin.webconnex.com/tampatickets2016
2. put a 1 in the box under ticket options
3. It will say convenience fee $2.99 and total will be $17.99
deduct $5 and the total will be $12.99
That is for only one ticket. When 3,000 tickets are sold, the price will change, but typing HOT in the promo code will always save $5 per ticket.

To register a single show car at Hot Import Nights
1.Go to this link https://hinevents.regfox.com/2016-hi...r-registration
2.Put a dot in the circle beside Vehicle/2 Passes and it says $50
3. It will say the convenience fee is $2.99 for a total of $52.99
deduct $5 and the total will be $47.99 for a single show car registration.

Promo code HOT saves $5 which is better than full price and
each show car Registration gets 2 free tickets

For multicar registrations at Hot Import Nights
1.Go to this link info@hotimportnights.com with the name of your club
and number of entries for instructions. 5 show cars or more save even more $$$$

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/