For Sale/WTB Mazda Strictly Mazda For Sale/WTB

Mazda Miata 2.3L Ford Turbo Swap SVO Kit $300

Old 04-07-2011, 05:06 PM
-eats the last cookie.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mazda Miata 2.3L Ford Turbo Swap SVO Kit $300

This is pretty much what I would consider the basic package plus a bunch of the items that would nickle and dime you to death. If you had a 2.3T powertrain and T5 already w/ ecu & harness you could basically remove the corresponding Mazda parts and bolt this package in and have a running 2.3T Miata. This is for an NA style 89-96 Miata, could possibly work with a NB Miata, but you would be on your own for the subframe. The one missing major piece of hardware would be a differential from a Turbo 2 model RX7. The driveshaft is set up for that specific length, but there are plenty other other vendors that supply kits for an 8.8 or 7.5 Ford rear.

These motor's make 350hp without breaking a sweat. Mine made 265HP/305FtLbs and was an absolute blast to drive.

2.3T front subframe with Mazda Speed engine mounts: got lucky and these are pretty much perfect for the car, no drive train harmonics. 6 bolts, add your shocks, rack, suspension arms, connect the steering linkage, get brakes bled and this piece is done.

* Driveshaft; custom length steel driveshaft, you may have to drill the RX7 flange to get this to work with it. But the centering ring is a direct fit for the Mazda diff input flange so this is a no brainer operation.

* Front mount Square Tube Manifold w/ external WG attachment:

* Rotated ported upper w/ TB. Cut down upper and 4.6L TB rotated to fit under Miata hood and 3G alternator.

* Alt mount: Not sure of the bracket style, but this works with the above upper. Powder-coated black.

Cable clutch conversion. Cable, modified pedal, and bracket to hold cable tight to firewall. Also an oil feed line (couldn't remember which one so I'm sending both), and the lower radiator hose:

Exhaust: 3" downpipe, flex bellow, ported bends to route around the suspension and outer frame rail, low-profile oval piping, hooker Aerochamber muffler. On a stock height Miata I didn't hit speedbumps with it, clears the stock tires in the front wheel well. The vband is a direct fit for a short non wastegated holset exhaust housing.

Stock Miata radiator with 3.0L Taurus fan. No cooling issues sitting in stop and go traffic in Florida.

* SRT-4 intercooler setup, fits front mouth of the miata great but probably won't allow you to use the AC condenser. Also the cold side intercooler piping, and an intake with KN filter.

*Custom dual friction clutch with flywheel and pressure plate. Set up by Tampa clutch. Less than 2000 miles on it.

Also included will be an oil pan with a front return fitting added to the front of the pan and rails, an oil pressure gauge sender, what is left of the stock ford engine harness I used to get the car running initially, a mini starter, and a late model Mazda "2.3" chrome plastic badge.

Only the parts pictured are included. Pictures of installed engine for demonstration purposes only.